Skip to content
Need suggestions on finding the right doctor
salberry posted:
I am a 57 year old female and was diagnosed about 3 months ago by a rheumatologist that doesn't treat ongoing fibro cases. My primary care doctor (an internist) does not believe that I have fibro. He told me I am clinically depressed and am imagining all of this. I have been going to this doctor for 14 years and I thought he knew me and never dreamed that he would think I am making all of this up! I have an appointment with another rheumatologist next week---originally called at the end of May and was initially scheduled for the end of August. I asked to be put on a cancellation list and was contacted yesterday for an appointment next week. I need to find another primary care doctor, but so far have not been successful. I have searched on-line for the Indianapolis area and I have asked friends. I think I am gun-shy. I thought for a long time I was just imagining the pain and fatigue---I even told myself I was just being lazy. I had told my internist several times in the past when I would go through periods of feeling like I had the flu----aching all over----and feeling worn out. He would tell me that it was part of getting older. I believed him because I would always bounce back until the past year or so. I finally asked my internist to recommend a rheumatologist and the one he suggested to me doesn't treat fibro! Those of you have been lucky enough to find the right doctor---any suggestions how I might go about finding the right one for me?

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.