Skip to content
Foot Pain
kuziee posted:
Does anyone have pain in their feet or ankles? I have had intense pain and burning in my feet,( by the end of the day I have to shuffle around because I can't flex my feet or toes) for the past few months. About a month ago my left ankle has become swollen and only swells more as the day goes on. I have not injured that ankle. I have been seen by 2 dr's, l have had blood tests to rule out RA, Lymes and diabetes. I am going in tomorrow for injections in my ankle and toes to reduce the swelling and hopefully reduce the pain. I do soak my feet and ankles nightly in lavender Epsom salts, massage, ice and elevate.

Any advice or ideas on how to deal with this new symptom would be greatly appreciated.
Taking back my life one day at a time!

zippdee7 responded:
I almost always have pain in feet and ankles. They hurt even to the touch sometimes.

Hope this helps.

Z

dollbug responded:

Hello kuziee and welcome. MiMi in NC. When I first got sick way back when....I also had *foot issues*. When I was a teenager I wore high heels a lot. I then had an accident at the Atlanta Airport in the 80's and dislocated my right knee. Ended up having all sorts of problems with this and have had 4 right knee surgeries on it. This also ended me wearing any shoes with heels. My knee never repaired itself completely.

Anyway, I did have lots of issues with my feet. I now take vitamins and supplements and I am not bothered by my feet much at all. I also no longer work. I do think the Magnesium Malate helped mine along with the joint supplements that I take.

Do you take any vitamins and supplements now? Have you had your Vitamin D level checked? Perhaps you should speak to your doctor about getting this done, which is important to a lot of people these days.

You do also have Fibromyalgia? You did not state whether or not you do.

Is your circulation good in your feet? Have you tried any kinds of therapy on them? I had some treatments done on mine which I also think helped....ultrasound I think was one and the other one was where I was hooked up to a machine which provided some sort of *shock like treatment*....can not remember the name of this though. Infrared I think.

I hope you can find something that will help you cope better.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroornot responded:
ihave been seeing a neurologist since 2012, I I am not satisfied with the diagnosis of fibromyalgia...I am using a walker now, and yes feet cramps and pain are part of my shuffle too, but I have left knee buckling and in 2012 I had right leg/foot dragging...and all fibro symptoms as well....I never heard of Lavender Epsom salts...where do you get it and does it really help...also use ice,pillows and just started to go for feet and leg message. also , no lyme, diabetes or RA.....do you go to a support group locally, I am trying to find one in my area.

booch007 responded:
Good morning Kuziee,

This was a particularly difficult pain that I dealt with. It felt like walking on glass. The stiff ankle had me walking in a shuffle as well.

I tried alot of things including good foot massages and resting them often. BUT I think what turned me around was amazing hydration. When I was told to drink only water and I drank about 6 bottles of the blue cap water a day for a year. No soda/pop.....it helped me to turn this around.

The other trick I started when I was trying to fix myself was to change the pair of shoes I had on everyday to another pair. Each shoe shifts the leg and foot different so it would give one part a rest.

Nothing for us is easy and nothing is over night. What I learned was that cirulation from the core goes out to the periphery and then needs to return. With my issues it has trouble returning and the hydration helps. It flushes the metabolic waste out of the body and helps the tissues function better. I was amazed at how I could suddenly stretch out.....and 6mo to a year later the feet on exam were brand new.

Now in saying that I am having those symptoms now and to be truthful I have cut back on my flushing and I have been eating very wrong for me. I deserve the pain I am in this morning. I crossed the line and have not done my part.
All that I learn is a tool to help me and then the human part steps in and I do what I want.

This is forever, and all the good you do for you adds up to better. The supplements Magmesium in particular, the water and the movement. The foods you eat to detoxify and even the attitude of fighting this that you carry.

It adds to better, it adds to higher function. A doctor told me, "Don't get sad....get mad" Don't let this take any more from you. (He was the best thing I found in all this).

Lots of greens for their antioxidant properties and water. He also removed sweet n low....OMG what a detox that was.
I got better and then even best. But this is a disease that waxes and wanes. Also if you cross the line you pay the piper.

I hope you can try this with alternating your shoes. And good hydration with a green diet. Easy in summer for a green diet.
Good luck, I hope someone here has something for you. Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
I had major foot issues. Like Nancy, best described as walking on glass. By the evening it was very painful. I too have been tested for many things and came out clean, but osteoarthritis is likely the major player for me. Good old wear and tear. Hydration is a very big part or it. It makes a huge difference in how we feel.

Shoes are a huge deal. It may be worth trying good shoes even just around the house. It's a good idea if you are on your feet at home.

I have many joint issues and see a rheumatologist for it. She started me on Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) 6 months ago. It has helped big time in my smaller joints like feet and hands. It has only made a small difference in my wrist, shoulder, knees, and back, but helps enough to stay on it.

In any case, try the easy stuff first, then if needed see what meds may work for you. Good luck, I hope you can find a way to ease the pain.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.