Skip to content
djnlivmom posted:
Hi All

I am have been recently diagnosed with FM. I am trying to manage meds. I thought I had a good "cocktail" but had to switch out my Cymbalta for Effexor to manage my depression a little better. Without the Cymbalta I am having increased joint stiffness and extreme tiredness. My eye lids are heavy and it feels like I can go to sleep at any time. Also my pain has increased. I can't win for losing. I feel like I have to pick which symptoms to treat.

I am glad that I found this community. I was feeling quite lonely and no one around me really understands. Mimi....I have been keeping a journal. I think this will may help me find links or patterns based on what I ate or how much I slept. I will try any thing.

I look forward to everyone's advice and support.

dollbug responded:
Hello djnlivmom. MiMi in NC. A journal will probably help you see what might be causing you problems. You might be quite surprised. I want to tell you that sometimes things do NOT work as long as we might hope they will. I think it has something to do with how this illness works/or not.

You will also find out that all medicines and vitamins and supplements are not alike as well. I learned this a long time ago. I think it has something to do with the *fillers* that are used. So if something does not work then try perhaps another manufacturer, if you can. My daughter was taking something when the drug store ran out and she had to go to a different place to get it. She found out that it was a different manufacturer and helped her more than what she was on.

You are not alone. I hope you will find lots of good *tools and tips* here that perhaps will make a difference in the way you feel.

A lot of us FMers have multiple health issues and sometimes you have to get to the root of the problems of all of them before things make a difference. I know it did for me.

Hang in here and keep on keeping on.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Hell and Welcome djnlivmom. So glad you found this site. It's a great place to visit and once here, you know you are NOT ALONE.

There are so many caring people here who deal with fibro's issues each day, just like you do. We all understand and we all care. At this site you fan help others who have been newly DX'd with fibro and have now idea how to coup. This site not only helps us, it helps others. A wonderful place to come.

As for the ' cocktail mix ' you are dealing with, I don't know much about that. I like, a few others here, try to go scriptless and OTC, supplements as much as whenever possible. I do take Gabapentin, 300 mg 3xs a day now because I have Peripheral Neuropathy DX now too.( That's long nerve damage as well as the fibro small nerve damage.)

Please post often we are soooo glad you are now part of our fibro family.

Gentle hugs, Linda R.

melpom responded:
Hello, welcome.
Wanted to say hope things are improving for you. I am one with FM who has tried many different meds. I have had the pain and fatigue for many years but just diagnosed recently. My body is very sensitive to medicine so I never had a good reaction to it. I do hope you find something that works for you. I have learned a few other things that has helped me function better through the years. I also suffer from thyroid disease which has similar symptoms as FM. Diet, exercise, meditation, pilates, massage, chiropractor, heating pad, vitamin and supplements to name a few. Please continue to post and seek out information regarding FM. It will help. Take Care! Wishing you well. Mel

katmandulou responded:
Hi djnlivmom, and welcome!

You've been 'lurking' to get the feel of this group - good for you! I did the same, wondering who these people were and what they were like"026 and I realized that they were me!

Give your doc a call, and let him/her know what has happened since changing meds. You might get put back on the Cymbalta and have something else added for the depression. > We each have our own med regimen that works, but what works for me might not work for you.

Stick around, and welcome to the FMily. I wish you the best weekend you can possibly have!
Lou

fibroornot responded:
I have tried everything under the sun....maybe I am inpatient and don't believe in all these drugs...I find Tylenol Arthritis is the best...however , when I had and orbital tumor in my right eye diagnosed with sarcoidosis...I was put on Methatrexate, usually used for rheumatoid arthritis..and ...my fibro symptoms improved...but I have been off this for 4 years now, I am currently under reinvestigation so I am going to ask to be put back on this...hope this helps.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.