Skip to content
Thursday - 7/17/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is going to be in the 80's again today Yes, this weather is nice, for a change. I don't think it is going to last though.

I am having computer issues this morning. It seems as though my mouse wants to move by itself....don't know what is going on with this.....but it is NOT a good thing at all.

Woke up too darn early this morning. That was not good either. I do think I rested better though, just not long enough.

My hand is much better now. I have been using the hot wax therapy to keep my wrist and fingers from being so stiff and sore. I can now move my little finger a bit. I go back to doctor next week to be checked again. I think I will be able to start exercising it then. The hot was is really good.

Last night my DH found out that his brother had fallen out of a tree, broke his collarbone and done damage to the entire shoulder. It happened a couple of weeks ago when he was trying to trim some branches off a tree. He is 70 and really active. Not something though that he should have been doing.
He did not have any surgery as the doctor is hoping it will heal back like it should on its own. This seems to be what the doctors are doing now. Allow things to hopefully heal on its own.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better soon. Please review the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure to read the *member toolbox* and Dr. P's discussions as well. (he is no longer here but he sure shared a lot of good info when he was here.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to the doctor about getting this checked, if you have not already done so.

Have a good day. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

I don't like my DD's computer at all.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

melpom responded:
Good Thursday to all! It is another cool day here in Kansas. High in low 70's. I have been wearing jeans and jackets in the morning & evening. Kinda chilly for me. MiMi glad your hand is feeling better. Hope your Dr.s appointment next week goes well. Another day to work on cleaning my daughters room. Hope to get it finished today. Trying to get their rooms organized, cleaned, and ready for a new school year. They start August 15th. Registered and paid fees. Need to buy school supplies and clothing soon. Wishing everyone well! Mel

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday one and all. I hope that you are having a good day and that you are not dealing with fibro issues or pain.

Another eye candy, spring like, day here in S. Middle TN. It's cool and clear. Storms due in over the weekend so I'll take today and tomorrow without a complaint.. it is July after all.

DH is in the back yard spraying for crabgrass and weeds that have been washed down the hill into my lawn. UGH. We've had so much rain over the last few weeks, months really, that the leaves on a few of our fruit trees are yellow. I wish I could give the rain to California. It needs it so badly. And while speaking about my in my heart home state, California, I still can't believe that Californians are going to vote on dividing the state into six states. OMG. If it passes it sets a president to all the other states to do the same. Never thought this would happen in my lifetime and being from Los Angeles I am not sure I would vote for my area to become the section to be named West California. cece your thoughts?

OMGosh, we saw a baby hummingbird last night. He's so small and he seems to be drawn to the back feeder. That means he's in staying in a tree nearby. DH refilled that feeder with fresh sugar water and then he redid the rest this a.m. I really hope we are getting our hummingbirds back. Last year was a blaze of colors flying zip and zoom all day. We had over 30 last year and to be so far into the summer without getting even so much as one, well, we had almost given up. But, last night we go hope back. If the baby is here, so too is the momma. And if the mamma came to our back yard, then she's one of ours from last year. So Yay that. #Hopeful

I have a few errands to run this afternoon, just a few, as DH and I got most of them out of the way last nigh along with the4 marketing. While out I picked up the Epipen from the pharmacy. The dr had given me a O dollar copay coupon so I paid zip for it. That was nice.

I really hate knowing that I have to carry the Epipen, or be near it from now on, and he said from now on. It's one more medical thing to have to deal with, I get so tired of dealing with medical things. And it's so hard being sensitive to things and not be able to get shots to build up an immunity to them.

I mean I knew I was allergic to cement dust. Tried to tell DD that I shouldn't be in the classroom Sunday. She just got an attitude with me and thought I was trying to get out of helping her. So I stayed and I paid for it with an allergic reaction hours later. And that's my biggest problem, I get a reaction to things and foods hours later. So hard to pinpoint what it was that I had the reaction to. And because I told the doctor about it, I now must carry the pen. According to the allergy dr what I had on Sunday night and Monday was a severe reaction to either the plaster dust or the cement dust and should have gone to the closet ER. I didn't so am now under orders that I must carry the pen. Okay moving, my self pity moment is over.

MiMi, so glad the hand is feeling and working better.

Mel, pace and pace some more as you work around your house.

Hi cece, Lou, Cory, Nancy and Mary hope your day is going well.

Nothing much to post about so will close this here with Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. It is very nice here today. I got done with work though and have no energy left to enjoy it. I am fighting fatigue, allergies that decided to slap me full force yesterday, and depression. I feel like I need a very big change. I have been waiting for it to happen on it's own but that never quite works out. Blah...

On a good note, we had a wonderful time with the in-laws and tomorrow is Friday. We have plans to fish Saturday and maybe Sunday if things go well. The DW found a folding boat seat at WM. They were cleaned out so we will have to wait to get two more, but at least we have one for the driver now.

Mimi, I am glad your hand is doing better.

Linda R, I didn't know that about CA, it will be interesting to see how the vote turns out.

To all, have a great evening. Take care.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hi all..
Its my 3rd day since upping the gabapentin to 2400 and I am finally seeing some results. Won't say its pain free but a lot of my pain level is noticeably lower. Burning in my back and legs is gone, I worked some on a cake topper-sanding is still hard on hands but my wrists are not so bad or my thumbs. My feet are not as bad either, or my neck.

I don't have apt for pain clinic yet so Im glad this is helping so much.

Its warm here, I really haven't been out much except to go to car or water. Weekends I do go fishing with hubby though--we go out early and fish from the pontoon--very pleasant. I bring my coffee and my camera. I've done a few drawings of wildlife I"ve seen-- I am doing a 'stained glass' look sort of segmented drawings. I do them on my computer using a graphic tablet I got for Christmas. Its something I hope to do more of when I am done doing daycare in a couple weeks.

my shop is still closed and I have turned down some wedding work--Im not sure I will want to do custom orders anymore --its got some stress involved and I think I'm happier wihtout that.

We shall see.. I have not decided yet.

I love my grands but I am looking forwrd to less strenuous quieter days.
Mary

msmary15 responded:
Good morning I hope. My mouse did the same thing. I live in NH but the situation may be true anywhere, Microsoft (in my area it's in a mall) will consult,diagnose free virus or malware and tune up.FREE I've been there 2 x and never paid anything. If the problem in more than that they will give you a quote. If your computer is Microsoft software you may want to give them a call to see if they can be as kind to you.

msmary15 replied to melpom's response:
Cleaning room sounds like your doing well today. I feel like I'm given tokens in the morning to last all day. Once I've used up the energy tokens I'm spent out. So I'm learning to spend wisely.

msmary15 replied to missist's response:
I too am on Gabapentin 300mg Just started 3 days ago. Any info you can give.?Don't know if this dose is too low. Going back in 4 wk to dr. Great you can go out fishing. I'm off to a baby shower Sunday hopefully sitting up that long won't hurt my back. (Seems to need support).Thank you for any help you can give.

rudyandirmouse replied to msmary15's response:
msmary15. Linda R here and I've been on Gabapentin for about 5 years on and off. I used to be able to ween off it from March to mid October, but the past few years I've had nerve pain issues during the warm months,so the dr did a ' bump up' of the months I take it and the dosage.

Gabapentin can cause a slight weight gain and it can make you sleepy if you take 300 3 xs a day. I'm one of the lucky ones that the weight gain is not an issue nor is the sleepiness. I used to take only 300 mg at night, then a few years ago because of the deep leg bone pain, even with my daily Vit D3, I had to increase it to 300 2 xs a day. Now it's 300 mg 3xs a day, but the side effects of it haven't been an issue with me and it's still helping to keep the nerve pain away. My dr said I could go up to 600 mg 3xs a day but I don't want to do that as long as it's helping at the lower dose.

If you feel that a higher dose would work better for you ask your dr if an increase would be better for you. There is also LYRICA out there for those of us with fibro pain. I tried it a month or so ago and after a week I knew it wasn't for me and went back to Gabapentin. Fibro is, sadly, not A ONE SIZE FITS ALL collection of illnesses so Lyrica might work wonders for one and, as was the case with me, not work well at all. Everything connected with fibro is TRY IT ON FOR SIZE. Let us know how it goes.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

It does help to reduce nerve pain. It isn't as good at making foot pain go away though.

msmary15 replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Thank you for the info. It's reassuring to hear from others who have taken a new to me med. Especially one with so many possible side effects on the enclosed info. It's only been 3 days since I started on Gabapentin but I slp and ate well. I did loose 15 lbs. this past 3 months.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 214 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.