Skip to content
TGIF******7/18/2014 ******Roll Call******
dollbug posted:
TGIF*****MiMi in NC where it is in the 60's right now and this feels good. Going to get hot again though. I am waiting for nice cool weather. We had a short break. It just did NOT last long enough.

OMG*****so much going on around the country. Prayers and thoughts for all of the families and friends of those who are facing so much grief. People never know from one day to another what might happen.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a good day with little to no pain. I did rest better but just did not get enough sleep. I guess I just can NOT get back to where I need to be in order to sleep better. It seems like anything I try makes me feel worse than I normally do. My body just does not like even a small amount of any kind of medicine which might help me. I go from one extreme to another. There is no happy medium....or so it seems.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. It seems like we are getting a lot of new people searching for answers. I guess the wrath of the dragon is on the rise. I do hope all new members will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and check out the *member toolbox* and Dr. P's discussions too. You can also ask questions here and I am sure you will get some answers on most any topic. This is a good group who continues to share what we can with others.

Vitamin D. My favorite tip....and so important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.
Speak to your doctor about getting this done. You might be quite surprised at how this alone can make a difference in the way you feel. This, as with most anything you try, might take a while to get it back to within the *normal range*. I am not sure anyone really knows *what each person's just right number might be*....somewhere between the low and high of this.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your night be surprised at just how much this might help as well.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi & all to folow. I was happy to be experiencing less pain yesterday-- and I picked up some work with wood--did some sanding, woodburning & painting of peices for one of my little wood cake toppers. it is for a wedding aug 1. Its an order I took on hesitantly and have delayed working on. I've turned down orders since this one. Well I am sad to report that I had delayed pain again and woke in the night with very painful hands and arms my neck and SI joint were also sending out pain signals. I get a strong nerve pain in my legs when the si joint is mad at me.

I knew this was all nerve pain so i did take an extra dose of gabapentin and sat in my recliner for the rest of the night wit my wrist braces on. I'm trying to type and sip coffee with those on now & have elevated my feet and my laptop so my posture is proper. Sigh... I guess no pill can fix this mess.

Anyhow I am being evaluated for carpal tunnel surgery in august so I will probalby go ahead and d that. I have had the nerve tests a couple times before--once the dr thought it was neck causing the problem,, thenext time they said it was the nerve in my wrists.

anyhow my personal belief is it is both. i feel often as if i have a carpal tunnel like syndrome in many of my joints not just hands. Fibromyalgia is such a bear!!

or dragon as Mimi says--you just cannot kill this thing all you can do is continually knock down the new issues as they pop up and try to hold back the old ones.

My scripture verse yesterday --I share verse with some friends online each morning-- anyhow here it was:

"One of you routs a thousand because the Lord your God fights for you just as He promised." Joshua 23:10

I feel that way often as if i am fighing thousands of things at once. I was happy to read this cuz I thought the Lord will fight for me too. I know he could take it all away if he wanted--but I also know that He is in the fight with me and if this is the life I have it is because there is some good in it somewhere that he has allowed or purposed it.

So --fighting my dragon daily as we all are and feeling discouraged by it but also encouraged to know I'm not alone and things will get better by and by.

God bless all! Hope you are all on top of your dragons today!
Mary

dollbug replied to missist's response:
Hello Mary. I just spent the past 20 minutes or so replying to your post. OMG....when I hit the submit button it wanted me to sign in. (I had already posted this morning - so I don't know why it did this)...anyway....I can not redo what I did. I do want to encourage you to do some research on Morton's toe....and perhaps you will decide to try the P5P. (I use the *Pure* brand)

I also wanted to ask you if you have tried the wax therapy. You can get a wax bowl from walmart...(mine cost around $20 but I have had it several years now) This is a wonderful therapy for my hands.

I hope you can find something that will help you cope better.

MiMi

dollbug replied to dollbug's response:
Mary:

I just checked walmartonline shopping to see if I could find one like I got. You can click on the link below to see this. It does cost a bit more now, but I think if would indeed be worth the money for you to try this.

Dr. Scholl's Paraffin Bath with Temp Control

MiMi

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good TGIT MiMi, Mary and to all that follow. Wishing each of you all a great fibro issue and pain free day. I hope the weather where you are is nice.

It's overcast, cool at 60 and going to rain any second kind of day going on here. Miss yesterday's beautiful be out of doors weather already. Was busy yesterday so didn't have hummingbird watch time. I'm sure we've got them, but just one or two so far. With so few you miss them as they zip around. Hope we get more as the summer is now half over.

Today is a ME day. Getting my nails and some shopping in later this afternoon. Plan to go by Walmart, at some point, and pick up a wax machine. My DD has been using one for years and swears by them. Been to preoccupied with so many medical things of late to think about getting something as nice and useful as the wax machine. But today I will be getting one.

I'm physically feeling so much better. The flare that's been beating me up this week is backing off. I'm not as tired, don't have as many stomach issues and the body aches and pain are getting less noticeable. But ya know what I hate about this flare, which was really bad. is that I know what I'm gonna be feeling and dealing with in the Fall and Winter. Such painful body aches and medical issues. This preview I could have done without.

MiMi, so glad to hear your hand is better. Yes sad and OMGoodness the things that are going on in the world.

Mary, hope the test you will be taking will get to the reason why your wrist hurts. Glad you felt less pain yesterday and hope you have less pain today.

Lou, Nancy, cece, hope that each of you are having a great day.

Cory, we now have November temps here. No higher than 69 today and overcast with rain on the way. I am not going to like Fall at all, having now had a taste of it. As for California voting on splitting it into 6 states, I JDK how I feel about it. I posted an Editorial cartoon on my fb page about it.. The cartoon is really funny Having talked to family and friends back in California, my in my heart home state, they think it just might pass. OMGoodness. If you have fb let either cece or me know and I'll give you my email address to get you on there.

Okay will close this here with wishes for a great day and a day with sunshine, warm temps and no fibro issues.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

melpom responded:
Good Friday to all!
This is my 3rd and last attempt. I signed in reply/submit and it would tell me I need to sign in again. ugh!! If it doesn't work this time it will be the last for today.
It is cool again here in Kansas. Should warm up for the weekend. We are going on an unplanned vacation the end of next week. Grandparents invited us to go to Alabama. It will be a long drive but the kids are excited to go to the beach. My husband will not be able to go due to the fact that he just returned from deployment with Navy reserves in May. Started back at his regular job in mid June. I think it will be a good break for us all but with the FM issues I will definitely need some extra tools.
MiMi, I went to the vitamin store yesterday to find the P5P you have talked about. I asked for PCP! Fiber Fog day yesterday! The guy looked at me strange. Today with my mind a bit clearer I realized it should have been P5P. I think PCP is a bad drug. Anyway I will go back and try to find the correct thing today. Oh what we do and say while under the influenced of FM! ugh!!
Wishing everyone well!! Mel

katmandulou responded:
Good Friday to All!

It has gotten nice and cool here, still in the70s but the humidity has gone away. Rain expected next week, but I'm enjoying the fresh air at last!

I spent a good part of the day with a friend yesterday. She just divorced her wife and moves back to southeastern Mass, but ha found nothing here that brings her joy. She cannot work right now, deals with depression (her X really beat her up, both physically and emotionally). She has decided to move to another state for a fresh start. I'll miss her, but I told her she needed to do it for herself. We'll always have FB!

Mimi, I'm glad the wax is finally helping your little finger. Sometimes we give up before we should, and I'm happy you've stuck with it. Here's hoping for a good report from your doc next week! Oh, and I looked up "Morton's Toe" - I have that! I never thought it could contribute to my plantar fasciitis. *sigh* Another question for the doc.

Linda, I too hadn't heard of that calif vote. it will be interesting to see what happens. I live a stone's throw from the smallest state in the Union, someone told me it's smaller than LA county!

Mary, my doc has me of Tramadol for the pain, have you tried it? Some days it just doesn't work, and I'm stinking of asking for a stronger dose or something else. I go back in three months, so we'll see.

Mel, your request for PCP made me LOL. I once asked the pharmacist for my prescription, she asked if I knew what I was picking up, and I said, "I don't know - surprise me!"

And I can't believe they've already for back to school supplies in the stores. Some kids haven been out of school less than 3 weeks!

The weekend is on the horizon. I wish you all the best day - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou, I will be watching how the vote goes as well as DH and I will be heading back home to Los Angeles to our final resting places that are in The San Fernando Mission.
I think there's something like 20 million people living in LA right now. Not sure. When we left 22 years ago it was 10 million. And LA could be it's own state if it wanted. Thank God no one thought of that.
But anyway, if the measure passes and the state does split into 6 states the state Los Angels County would be in would be West California
And having done some thinking on it, if I were still living there I am pretty sure I'd vote against the measure.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.