Skip to content
Saturday *****7/19/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and it has cooled down a bit here and some showers are expected today. This has been a welcomed change. I slept good last night but woke up too early again this morning. This seems to be the normal for me lately.

My GD enjoyed her stay with her daddy. He took her to Disney in Florida and they had a good time. She had never been so this was a big deal for her. My other older grandsons have been several times. It is sad that Disney has become so expensive. My older son worked 2 internships there when he attended college several years ago. My other children have relatives that live in Florida, at least part time so they visit some every year. I think all children should be able to go at least one time in their childhood. It is indeed a *magic kingdom*.

Years ago when my children were young we took them and fly down for a week. They still talk about this trip. It was funny as it was really very hot when we were there and very crowded too. My younger son could not see anything but people's feet and woman's boobs. He was around 6 years old. Back then it was expensive but nothing like it is today. I am glad my GD had a good time. She did not want to leave yesterday. She will be back though next week-end....so it will not be very long for her to return this time.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I do encourage new members to start a new discussion when you join. Sometimes new people will post to a very old post and we might see this or not...(sometimes it is fast paced here and it is hard to read and post to every new member, especially hard if you post in a very old post which is several years old. We do NOT mean to avoid you though so please just start a new discussion.

I am sure that each of you will soon find some good *tools and tips* here that just might make a big difference in the way you feel. I think we all know just how tough it can be for us to face with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM every day. We hope you will find something here that will help you cope better with this mean and ugly illness.

Vitamin D. I continue to include this on most of my posts....as I think it is so very important for especially the new members to know. Speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked, which just might make a difference in your pain level. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

For those of you who have NOT checked out my O/T post from yesterday (7/18) be sure to view it. It is a GOOD fun link.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace some more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi and Fmily,

Today is to be the best day of the weekend....THANK YOU CANADA for the heat reprieve....
I am hurtin this morning. I left work at 12 (as Mgmt you can come and go without clock swipe in fear...I get the same salary.) BUT I have a problem with leaving as I get into projects and issues and never leave. Friday I said...no projects just tie up loose ends.

So out at 12, to the nail place for my nails and a massage (I have needed that massage for 2 weeks!) OK better....went and saw Baby Emily...who now stands and crawls..but holding her on the floor OUCH .I texted DIL#1 before I saw emily to go to the firemans fair in town and she told me she was going in their town (smaller and for the kids the girls age)
OMG we had dinner out and then to the fair. Good stuff. BUT I CRAWLED IN THE DOOR. The line was crossed at dinner with both girls on my lap after being on the floor with Emily !

So I slept like a log. 3 dreams came and that is good stuff.So now I attend to the house issues at hand.

I had a broken pipe in the garage that was just cracked but dripping and it dripped on EVERUTHING. Today it is a priority to get all the crap out of the garage and dry it and clorox the floor.......I will throw out alot...but the mildew smell has to go.

I promise all to pace and tomorrow I will make a down day to rest.............:0.
Hoping it goes as I project here. So many times I tell you guys one thing and another happens. I have abandoned the pool for a week and that needs attention and the feeders are empty except for the humming bird one (I have a visitor every night) hoping she tells others!!

OK, looking for music and purpose to the day. Extra Tramadol for sure this a.m I am having trouble walking on my feet again so new shoes, sneakers are following behind.

Remember the trick of mine to change shoes around for the feet and leg muscles. You can't wear the same pairs forever....maybe that is what s happening here. I need new sneakers. The Merrills are shoes that last*.

OK off to seize the day.....but draggin that dragon behind me for sure this day! Hugs to all. Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday MiMi, Nancy and to all those who will follow. Here wishing each of you a wonderful day that is fibro pain and issue free.

OMG it's so darn gloomy out there. It feels like a November day. Cool at 60 something and rainy. It will clear out later today but right now every bone in my body is feeling the gray of the day.

Didn't get MY day things done yesterday so will have to do them at some point today. I gave to clear the living room out so DH and I can cut and bag the old carpet and padding so we can clear the floor of dust and stuff and then get the bags to the dump before the car installers come on Friday. DH and I will leave the heavy furniture in the living room for the installers to take out to the front porch and they'll bring it back in when their done installing the carpet. Which is a very good thing since DH goes back in for the second surgery Thursday and will be unable to lift a thing for a few days.

MiMi,I'm so glad that your GD got to get a vacation with your son at DisneyWorld. It really is " magical "for the little ones, but your so right it is getting so pricey. 2 of my daughters just visited Disneyland and complained about it being so costly. And they used my SIL's Military discount for tickets too. Knowing how pricey the hopper psses are now DH and I are going to DisneyWorld and Disneyland this year and are sending away for discounted tickets thru the UAW. Will save about 80 dollars for Disney World, not a lot, but what we save will pay for the gas going and maybe coming back. As for Disneyland it's a whole lot cheaper there so we will get a smaller discount but pay less to get into the parks with hopper passes.

Nancy, I feel your OUCH. It's hard to practice Pace and Pace some more when you have little one climbing up and down and your lifting them up. And we hope the one little one who has been using our back feeder spreads the word that theres food and drink over at the Reyes's back yard. We have put in the flowers they like and 7 feeders, surely we can handle more than one little baby.

Cory, cece, Mary, Lou, Mel and angleswife- where ever you are, Hi to you and hope your day goes well.
Nothing much to post about so will close this here and let you get on with your day as I should with mine. I'm always running behind.
Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

melpom responded:
Good Saturday to all! It is a bit warmer today 80's here in Kansas. Looks like 90's are to arrive and stay for a while. Picked daughter up from Girl Scout camp yesterday afternoon. She was exhausted but had fun. I have been running errands and doing laundry today. Plan on resting a bit for the rest of the day. Trying to learn to pace, pace, pace! Hope everyone has a restful and good weekend. Wishing you all well! Mel

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.