Skip to content
Sunday - 7/20/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Good Sunday Morning to each of you. MiMi in NC. Woke up again too early. I did rest ok....but I am still tired. I guess I am stuck in this sleep routine for a while yet. I tried to take something but it seems like anything I take makes the fatigue the next morning even worse than it was.

I do hope each of you had a good peaceful and restful night. I also hope we will all have a good day with little to no pain.

NC has been blessed with a break from the summertime hot temps. I am not sure this is a good thing though. Maybe it is because it has been damp some....but I have really *felt the pain* more....not a good thing to deal with either.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure you will find some good info here. Be sure and check out the *tips* and *resources* and read the *member toolbox* too...(Nana B started this several years ago and there is a lot of good *tools* which perhaps you have not thought of trying). Also Dr. P left us some good *discussions* about FM. He is no longer here....but you can still read what he shared with us....you know, he truly understands what each of us face each day, as he also must deal with it too.

Vitamin D. Please check with your doctor about this.

Not much going on for me. Tomorrow I do go back to the doctor for my check up on my broken bone. Thanks to my hot wax bowl therapy, my fingers and wrist are in so much better shape now. Still having some issues with my pinkie. I am sure it is going to take a while for this to repair itself completely.
I hope this is my final time to deal with a broken bone. I do know my fall could have been so much worse. I am thankful it was only my finger.

For those of you who missed my O/T post....be sure and view the link. It is a funny video.

Have a good Sunday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning Mimi and Fmily,

Glad your hand is coming along. OMG I can't think of losing a hand/wrist in my life. I don't know what I would do. I guess we work it out, we always do.

I got so much done yesterday despite the fix I put myself in Friday night with the girls. OMG Mimi to see them on the rides. Eyes all lit up in excitement. Good stuff.

Then I had to clorox the garage from a leaking waste pipe(fixed now)....OMG to pull a rug out of there and now it is being thrown out. Move all kinds of things, and just say...6 years..you are out of here. I did a great job organizing it.

BUT at 3pm I was wiped and I have not reset yet. I hurt everywhere...a flare. I am having issues with walking too, that started earlier this week. My hydration is down and I have been eating junk. So whatever my body is telling me...I AM HEARING IT TODAY. Back to my tools......

I think I spoke about the hummingbird feeder yesterday, I love seeing the little guy in the evening stop to eat. I want more...
The new garden is coming along, late...but hopeful for the lettuce and maybe some beans by Sept....we'll see.

My BIL is going to help me next week to make the trellis's for my DH's grapes. We have a good plant going now and it needs to be lateral and not up in the pine trees.

Today is a rest day, I really can't move. It is an hour since meds and I am still the same . So I have to get in the shower and stretch what I can. I have shots on Friday, so I will patch myself til then.

Today I go to the deli to meet DS#1 and DIL with the girls for breakfast and I want to give her , her birthday present. So this will be good karma and distraction. NO lifting the girls....no anything.
OK...off to the shower and to mend myself a bit.

Paying the piper as you say. (Picture a slumped over human...shuffling along...) O U C H.

Again this is when it is real to me, when I am in my high functioning zone......then I get pulled near a rock to hide under. I remember each ache, each knot and each muscle that won't let me move my head or legs.....

OK, a day for all of you, I am sitting this one out!
Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. It's going to be warm here for a couple of days, 80 or so. Then, it's back in the 60's for highs. This is very cold for summer here. We usually see the 80's for most of July and August. I hope this is not a sign of another brutal winter. I can' take another one of those already. I will try not to think about that too much until it gets here.

I am not doing well today either. Yesterday we went fishing and had a great time. Right when we got home I had to unload quick, clean the fish, jump in the shower, then drive for an hour. If I had time to spread that out I think I would have been ok. I sat most of the day so I took a quick walk last night when we got home. I crashed hard and slept almost ten hours with a few wake ups. Whenever I am in bed for more than 7 hours or so I wake up stiff. Ten was over the top. I don't notice it laying there, but I sure do when I get up.

Today we have to go to the next town to look at new beds. ours is about 15 years old. We did put a memory foam topper on it a few years ago that helped, but it's time to chuck it and get something more suited to me and the DW post back surgery. I wish a good bed did not need to be so crazy expensive. We will see what we can find.

So today I will be hydrating, stretching, and taking relaxers to loosen up for the work week ahead. It going to feel long and brutal after three short weeks I had.

Mimi, good to hear on the hand. I hope your visit shows good things tomorrow.

Nancy, I would give you a gentle hug if I could. I hope your day of rest heals you up.

To all, have a great day today. Take care everyone.

Cory

melpom responded:
Good Sunday to all! It is warmer here in Kansas today. Mid 80's. I worked in the garden this morning for a few hours. Feel a bit more pain so will try to pace this afternoon. My daughter is back from camp and not feeling well. Will need to take her to the Dr. tomorrow if she doesn't feel better. Don't want to start our trip to Alabama with a possible sick child. We shall see. Wishing everyone well! Mel

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.