Skip to content
Monday, Monday *****7/21/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
A good morning to each of you. MiMi in NC where we are having cooler refreshing weather....had some rain and more is expected off and on. We need it though so any we get is needed. I guess this also helps to help keep the temps down as well.

Here is hoping each of you had a good peaceful and restful night....and I hope we all have a good day with little to no pain.

We had a quiet Sunday....which was nice. DH fixed some beef brisket which was really good. (it was already pre cooked). Someone had given this to him. It came from Texas. It was indeed really a good meal. We had baked potato and baked beans and slaw too.

I go this afternoon to the doctor and also have to go by the vitamin store as well. I took my last P5P yesterday....so it worked out well for me since I am going that way today. I hate to make the trip just to get vitamins. I am not a fan of getting on interstates to go somewhere, especially when I do the driving.
(I guess this is an age issue since I use to not mind driving)

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I hope you will soon feel at home here and ask whatever questions you want answers to. We are all here to share whatever we can with new members. Dealing with the wrath of the dragon takes time and effort to find the *right combination of tools* which will help you cope better....so hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference for them. Of course, you should also remember that what helps me may or may not help you. You have to decide what works for you.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor the next time you go in for a visit to check this.....it is really IMPORTANT to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D might cause additional pain for some people and medical researchers say low Vitamin D can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Remember to pace, pace and pace some more.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Good Monday FMily!

It's cool this morning, 70 now and going to 80 later. The humidity is livable, but it's going up tomorrow for a few days.

Todays is a play-date with my BFF. She's coming here, so we'll have lunch at a Japanese restaurant I've been dying to take her to, do a little shopping (probably the window-kind) then end with some froyo. (It's becoming very popular, and there's a local shop that's soo good!)

Tomorrow I become a professional knitter! I bought all kinds of yarn last week, and I'll s>it down with a plan and start. I'm going to wait til I have a good inventory of knitted items before I start my Etsy store. A fire end told me her nieces makes a lot of $ selling silly things, like knitted viking warrior hats with horns. Here's hoping!

Mimi, be careful out there, and I hope you get good news from the doc. I know you've worked hard to get hand movement back, so keep up the good work!

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Quick post to wish each of you a wonderful, fibro pain free Monday.

It's warming up here and by Wed it will be touching the 100 mark. But it's so much better than the gloomy days we've just had. So dreary and rainy. And I guess today marks pretty much the middle of summer. Sure hasn't been summer like tho. I guess I should be grateful it's not wintery but it has been so gray and gloomy that I wonder if maybe it has been more that end of the calendar and not this.

DH and I got the living room ready for the carpet installers. They will only have to move the wing back chair, the couch and a table out to the porch and then back in. I can do the rest.

While DH and I had been busy Saturday evening and Sunday doing the thins he couldn't help with after his surgery Thursday, we we failed to notice our cat Lovey had wondered off. I had last seen her on the back porch safe and sound Saturday. I had put her out so she'd be out of the way while we worked in the living room. She had her food dish, water and some treats. I even let her take out a roll toy to 'knock' around the porch. I failed to look for her Saturday night, thought DH let her in. And we left early Sunday to DD's and never gave it thought where she was. She's the kind of cat that is either in your face one day and sleeping under bed or hiding the next two. But she had never been the kind cat who'd leave.

So DH and I are thinking she had to have finally figured out the dog door we put in and gotten out. Knowing she has no front nails we are now frantic to get her home. We spent 3 hours last night going from yard to yard three streets wide looking for her. Not a sign. We will put up posters this afternoon in the hopes she has been taken in by some kind neighbors. She has never been out of the back yard so can't for the life of me figure why she left the screened in porch unless she saw a bird and went for it over the fence.

Will take another look see around the neighborhood before I head out to get ' must do ' errands done.

Lou, Congrats on the profession knitting. My daughter knows how but I just don't have the finger's for it and am always impressed with those who can.

Hi Cory, Nancy, Mary, MiMi and to all that follow. Wishing each of you a wonderful day.
Gentle Hugs, Linda R

Anon_10089 replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou-

The knitting things sounds awesome. You could think about doing pet centric toys things. People spend a lot of money on pets!

--JR

melpom responded:
Good Monday to all:
It will be a warm day here in Kansas. Actually the week looks like 90's each day. Took my daughter to the Dr. today. Strep test came back negative so we think it is a virus. Rest and fluids should do the trick.
Cleaning today and pacing so hope pain and fatigue will improve or at least not get any worse.

MiMi, hope you receive good news on the hand. Linda, hope you find your cat soon. Lou, Congrats on the knitting!
Wishing you all well! Mel

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was very hot as expected here today, high 80's and humid. In the mill the coolest area was right at 100. It didn't make for the most pleasant day but I got through it just fine.

When I left for work the Jeep was dead, I had to hurry up and get the DW to drop me off. A coworker drove me home . I went after the Jeep. The battery tested good, not even a click trying to start it. I tried the old starter test I learned. I smacked it lightly with a hammer a few times then it fired right up. I drove to the parts store and picked one up. It was an easy 15 minute job for me. Luckily I know my way around my Jeep.

By last night I was completely miserable. Everything that ever gets sore was as bad as it gets. I woke fine though today with nothing more than the usual. It's crazy how fast things can change without reason.

Things are better today and that's what counts. We may get some severe weather tonight with high winds, hopefully nothing to worry about. I hope you all have a wonderful night. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
371 of 398 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.