Skip to content
Losing hope..
fibrowifey posted:
The last week has been so rough for me. I feel like I'm losing myself. The pain and fatigue are starting to take their toll on me and I'm scared to death.

My husband is my rock and tries to make sure I'm comfortable but he just didn't understand.

I pray you all have had a better week than me.

missist responded:
I am so sorry fibrowifey. Sometimes it seems that way--then it improves, and there are good days too.

You'll learn to go with the flow in time.
Mary

dollbug responded:
Fibrowifey.....sorry that things are not too good right now....there are lots of *ups and downs though with the wrath of the dragon*....we, FMers, must keep a positive attitude though and remember that *this too will pass*. Nothing lasts forever. Remember we all have to keep on keeping on....until we find the *right combination of tools* which will help you cope better. And you will, with time and effort....on down the road you will look back and not even remember how bad things were.

Everything is a process and takes time and effort. So just remember this....that things will get better.

I am glad you have a DH who actually *tries to make sure you are comfortable*....you are so very lucky. You are correct....NO ONE truly understands what we all face and deal with every day.....unless they have been there done that.

I don't remember if you have said what you have or haven't tried.....but it take 6-9 weeks of whatever you decide to try and when and if you change what you are doing, you have to start over. So hang in there and give yourself time.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

franr responded:
Hello Fibrowifey

I am so sorry you are having a rough week.Pain can be unbearable and when you cannot do things for yourself that makes it worse.I had a rough day yesterday ,sort of a fibro setback .Pain in my neck back shoulders etc .It can be so discouraging. I took advil and got through the day .Today is a little bit better .Try to focus on the positive .Everyday is a challenge Winter is the worse season for fibro patients but I think heat and humidity also causes severe flare ups. Try to do a little something everyday .believe me that s a victory. I will keep you in my prayers.......................Fran

katmandulou responded:
Hi fibrowifey, and welcome!

I blame the weather when I'm feeling low, Mother Nature is a b***h! It's hot and humid here, and I'm trying to 'lay low', as Mom used to say.

If OTC meds don't help, can you call your doc and get a recommendation to relieve your pain? My doc gave me a prescription pain med, nothing too strong, and when I'm feeling icky I take it to take the edge off. If it's there heat/humidity, does going to a store, library or mall help? I'm just thinking of what I do when I'm getting wrung out.

To help DH to understand, I have this website that might help: http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com
It's a great read, and look at The Spoon Theory. It's a good way to let people know exactly how you feel. Some days we get fewer spoons.

Wishing you a better day,
Lou

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.