Skip to content
Tuesday *****7/22/2014 *****Seeing is believing...OR IS IT?
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....I had a very strange, but quite interesting day yesterday. Actually, what I posted in my title this morning is indeed true.....*Seeing is believing, or is it?* Well, let me say this, I am having a hard time believing what I saw.

I had my doctor check up. For those of you who do NOT know what is going on with this. My DH and I went to the Outerbanks for vacation. We left on Saturday morning and on Tuesday, as we were viewing the Bodie Lighthouse, I did a *swan's dive in slow motion* face down on the pavement and broke my pinkie bone, scraped my knuckles and knees. When it was all said and done, my hand was swollen and I could not move my middle, ring or pinkie fingers. Now, we were pretty much out in the boonies...so we continued on our trip as I insisted. I was lucky to have my Advil (gel) with me and this is how I survived for the next few days. I now look back and know that this could have been so much worse than it was. I could have broken my hip and really been in deep trouble.

So yesterday I had a check up. They did x-rays again and told me that I could go to PT or continue doing what I am doing. I have been doing the hot wax therapy and saved my wrist and fingers from getting so stiff. So I am going to continue with my therapy at home and if I need to I can get PT in a few weeks, if I do not improve this myself. I think I can do this though with probably less pain than otherwise.

So I am happy I am out of my brace and I hope I do not have to go back for my check up in Sept. Now....I had several other little errands that I had to do yesterday (which is in another town) I ended up getting *lost*. Not a good thing. By the time I got back home, it was time for me to leave again for my seminar on FM.

OMG****seeing is believing, right? Not always. I arrived there with my DH (he decided he would go at last minute since the weather was not good enough for him to play golf) This small room was full. There were probably 20 people there. I am not sure just how many actually suffers from FM. This woman went over just some *general info about FM*. We then filled out a form and she said that there would be 2 people selected to participate in the *test*. At this time we still had not been told exactly what this *new solution to FM* was. Anyway more details were provided. OK...so it seems like some doctor has been working on *something to combat the dragon for years*. He was not satisfied with the results and continued to try to improve this.

So somewhere along the line, this woman got involved and decided she wants to introduce this *solution* to some of her *patients* to see if it might help them cope better. So far, the results have been *unbelievable*. (the number is not big) I think in all there have only been around 400 people that have been tested - I am not sure just how many it has helped).

The pamphlet that my DH picked up said the following:

This is not like any treatment you have seen before.
It's not chiropractic, it's not physical therapy and it's not
a prescription. If the test works for you, then this treatment
will work for you. You owe it to yourself to see if this new
natural treatment is right for you.

Well, as you can see....when I read this, I thought to myself....what in the world can this be? This is why I had to attend. I am still not sure what the *solution* contains. She read it out but I did not remember it all. I do know though that there is *magnesium malate* in it. By the way, this doctor called it the *solution*.

Two people were selected. (I was not one of them) One was an older woman whose granddaughter had brought to this seminar and the other one was a younger woman who is a patient there. She has chronic fatigue along with her FM.

This doctor explained the *test*....which was nothing but checking each woman's pressure points....3 different times.
Each time she gave these women a small cup of this *solution* to drink.
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

dollbug responded:
*****continued *****

ok..I ran out of room here....so this is to continue my post this morning.

Anyway....each time the doctor checked the women's pressure points, a few minutes after they drank the *solution*....their pain level on their pressure points decreased. By the end of the 3rd drink....they were *almost pain free*....NO JOKE*

There was another patient there who has been on the *solution* for about a month and she spoke as well. Both she and her husband deal with FM every day. This woman stated her DH has had a better experience than she has. She also stated that the man has always been a *health nut who exercised a lot before he met the wrath of the dragon*. He started after she did.

OK...so it seems this *solution* can work for some and not for others. (there have been only a few though that it did not work for)....the doctor says though that IF the test works and supposedly it worked for both of these women who were selected and were lucky enough to experiment it right before our eyes....this solution can work for as little as a couple of hours....to several days, from one dose of this solution.

The doctor offered everyone there to come into her office for about an hour and do the *test* at no expense. My appointment is Thursday afternoon.

OK. I still have my *doubts* here. This was unbelievable, to say the very least. I am going to check further into this though.

The doctor did say though, that the man who has come up with this has NOT moved forward with it. So I do NOT quite understand this either. WHY on earth would a medical doctor NOT try to get it *approved* if it works for people?

I have no idea. Again I will do more research on this.

I can hardly wait until Thursday now.

The doctor said the only *issue* that has been discovered is that IF a person has problems with *ulcers*....they can NOT be tested.

Sounds too good to be true, right? Drink some *solution* and immediately *FEEL BETTER* ....yes, this is exactly what was displayed as being true.

I did talk to both the woman who has been on this for a month and the other 2 women who were tested....I also told the doctor....I do have doubts and issues about this. She told me that is ok....but if I was interested to make an appointment with her and see for myself....and this is what I did.

More to come on this....I am still in *awe*...to say the least.

I guess I will know something more soon.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Hang out with us for a while and learn all you can about what others have found that has worked for them.

I think most of us know....what works for one, may or may NOT work for another.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level.....this is so very *IMPORTANT*...
Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Sorry my post was double today....I was very *long winded* I guess.

Have a great day.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Good Tuesday! It's warm here, getting hotter and muggy later.

I had an awesome day with my BFF, we both needed it. She arrives around 11:30 and left around 7:30, but it felt like a minute. we had a great Japanese lunch, froyo dessert, and played with our electronic devices, helping each other with this and that. She lost her job last month to someone younger, fresh out of school. They keep calling her for information, and I told her to charge them for her time! She's not working, she can call herself a consultant!

Wow, Mimi, you're on a roll today! I'm glad everything is healing in your hand. The "test" sound a little sketchy; could the women who were chosen be shills? Maybe they'll tell you what's in it at your appt. I'm not sure I'd drink a potion unless I knew what it contained and I was assured of no bad interactions with my meds. Good luck!

Linda, I hope you found Lovey and brought her home safe and sound. I had one cat who was quite the escape artist, but we always found her at the back door, wide-eyed with fear.

Anon_10089, I know some people knit for animals, maybe I'll branch out for keep really really small, hairless dogs warm. I'm still looking at my options.

Cory, I was in the automotive industry for almost 9 years, and I've never seen something that couldn't be fixed with a good rap or two with a hammer. Except windows! LOL

Wishing to all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

mnjeepguy replied to dollbug's response:
Good morning everyone.

Mimi, the test sounds interesting. I would not get my hopes up too high, but at the same time I am very curious of the outcome. There are so many scams from people ready to steal our hard earned cash, but there are a few who genuinely want to help others. Even fewer want to cure anything, There is no money in a cure, but millions can be made treating symptoms. I think cures for cancer or even the common cold will never happen for this reason. I hope it is a rare case of someone really wanting to cure us.

I came home at 10:30. My back let go and it was hard to walk or stand up. 800mg of ibuprofen did not touch the pain so I had to leave. I am getting pain in both legs as well as tingling in my right pinky and bottom of my right foot. Of course I am almost out of vacation from my trip and the guests we just had here. My timing is impeccable. I will rest, stretch, and hope for the best. Day by day as I say.

Lou, I didn't know you were in automotive. I never was, I just know that if someone else can do it, I can do it and save a lot of money. I bought my Jeep stock and have replaced or rebuilt everything but the engine and transmission. I did a LOT of hammering lol! I have my cousin and another good friend who were certified auto tec., so I had great references.
I am glad you had a great day with your BFF. It's silly that companies will let someone go or change a job title to move new people in then try to get their help afterwards. She should be compensated or tell them to go you know where.

Here is hoping you all have a wonderful day. take care everyone.

Cory

katmandulou replied to mnjeepguy's response:
What we don't know about each other! I worked for a major manufacturer/marketer of automotive aftermarket maintenance products. Some were actually OEM, too. Filters, brakes. and auto electronics, and I love/hate the color orange. LOL

melpom replied to dollbug's response:
Good Tuesday to all:
It is hot here in Kansas 100 possibly today. We shall see. I like it hot but when it is in the high 90's it is a little much for even me!
Busy getting ready to go on trip towards the end of the week. Trying to get things ready for us to go and husband to take over house, garden, & pets. He will be busy.
MiMi, I am really interested in what happens at your appointment. I hope it will be helpful to you. I have always been skeptical until I started having health issues and dealing with doctors. Now I say try it if it sounds like it won't be harmful and wait and see what happens. You never know unless you try. I wish you the best of luck!
Wishing everyone well! Mel

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou, coming here a day late, but my DH worked for GM for 33 years and his brother, also a mechanic, worked for GM. Small world.

Glad you had an AWESOME yesterday!

Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.