Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy Hump Day *****7/23/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Happy Hump Day FMily....MiMi in NC where today is a special day for my DH. It is his birthday. He is working and we will celebrate it later and then again this week-end when everyone gathers for Sunday lunch.

Here is hoping each of you had a good peaceful and restful night. I slept ok but woke up again too early. I am looking forward to my appointment tomorrow. I have also been doing some research on what is called *cellfood*.....has anyone tried this?

I think we have discussed PH levels before too. When I went to the vitamin store I picked up some strips to check mine. It seems that I have a lot of *acid* in my body. I know this is NOT a good thing. So I am now also trying to do some research on this. I think this is another *issue* that I have to address.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I hope each of you will be sure and ask the doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses too.

I hope the new members will continue to post and ask questions. We are all here to do whatever we can that might make a difference for each of you. It does take time and effort. We are all different and what helps one may or may not help another. Only you can decide what is helping you.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi. I admire that you are always looking for ways to feel better and sharing them with us. I have never heard the term cellfood before. It is important to keep an open mind looking for answers, not just traditional medicine. Keep us posted.

Posting this early means I called in today. I have only done so a handful of times in my 21 years there. It is always for my back or an ill child. I slept poorly, I could only lay on my left side. I can't lay flat on my back unless my knees are up. It is not good. I had a bad feeling that postponing my massage would bite me. It did just like last time. The last time though I was lucky it happened on a Friday. I have enough vacation to miss today but that is it. We do not get sick days and must either use vacation or not get paid when we miss work.

I will be stretching and taking muscle relaxers to loosen up like yesterday and hopefully it will be enough to go in tomorrow. I am crossing my fingers. To all have a wonderful day. Take care.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory. Sorry that you are having a rough week. I sure hope you will get some rest today and get an upper hand on this issue. I know that I hate back pain too. Actually, I hate any kind of pain.

I do continue to search for any kinds of new *tools* which might help us cope. I think we all deserve a life without aches and pains to deal with all the time. Years ago I would have never guessed that I would be in this kind of shape.

While I was at the vitamin store I picked up some information about the *cellfood*. I am willing to give this a try. It might or might not work BUT I will never know unless I try it. I do have an open mind about my health. I just can not accept there is not something that will make us feel better.

I have had lots of *family issues*....actually for several years now. When all of this began....I wanted to *connect* them together....as they involved both my older son and my daughter. It was my goal to know who caused so much to happen. I continued to think about it and pray about it and all I asked for was an answer to *connect* the 2. Funny thing happened. My daughter sat at my dining room table Sunday and told me she had something to *share with me*. Out of the blue the answer to what took place surfaced. OMG....I could NOT believe this. But deep inside, I felt like, one day, some day the answer would be revealed. I think that when people are sincere about anything....that sooner or later, an answer will appear. My daughter and I had talked about this and I told her how much I was bothered about things which took place. And finally, we were blessed with the answer.

My point? I think there is some sort of *answer or solution* for all of us, FMers, who face and have to deal with this mean and ugly illness. I continue to keep looking and hopefully one day, some day I am going to *find something that will make a difference*.

It has always been my mission in life to do what I can to make a difference for those around me. This is my way of life. It presents me with a challenge. Sometimes, I am quite amazed at how some things are *revealed*.

Have you tried putting pillows between your legs to support your body? I hope you can perhaps use your heating pad today and feel better soon.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Wonderful Wednesday to All!

Hot & humid here for the next couple of days. I could really do without this, but thats what AC is for, right?

Well I figured out one of the things the dog did: she kept the mice away. Let's just say it this way - Us: 3, Mice: 0.

Mimi, I hope the 'test' makes you feel better. THEN you'll have to share with all of us!

Cory, up early isn't good, and I hope you get the rest you need. Mimi's onto something,; some nights I need a small pillow between my knees to be comfy, so give it a try.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

melpom responded:
Good Wednesday to all! I can't believe it is Wednesday. This week is going way to fast. It will be another hot day in Kansas. High 90's.
MiMi, I have worked on my PH levels. I recently checked again and they still are off. I also have to much "acid". I have worked with my diet and eat right. I quit drinking diet colas. I drink Tea in the morning for the caffeine and water the rest of the day. I eat salads, vegs, fruit, chicken and fish. I stay away from sugar and processed foods as much as possible. I am gluten intolerant so I stay away from gluten. I still have a PH of 5.5 low which on my strips indicates way to much acid. I can't figure it out. Hope you find some answers and share! I will look up the cellfood and see what it is. I haven't heard much about it.
Cory, hope your back improves. Maybe a massage if you can get in today would help? I do also use the pillow trick when trying to sleep. Sometimes it helps. Feel better soon!
Lou, sounds like you are ahead. Do you have a cat? Maybe that would help.
Wishing everyone well! Mel

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week everyone. I hope you are enjoying this summer day and that there is lots of warmth and sunshine where you are.

It's gonna be a hot day here, 90's and no clouds to get shade from. But I'll take it cause today's one of those few days we've had so far that been so summer like.

No cat yet. We've done what we can and hope that someone will return her to us. The house feels empty without her. I mean she'd either be under your feet for a few days or off being alone on others. So now that I know she's not here I keep looking for her.

DH has gotten everything ready for the carpet people coming in Friday. I have them scheduled to come in at 9:30 so he can get to the doctor's and back in time. He won't be able to drive so if I have to go with him no one will be here to let them in. Fingers crossed that he gets in and out of the doctor's quickly and back here in time.

The carpet shouldn't be much work to install. It's only the one room and shouldn't take the installers but an hour or so, if that. We've done all the prep work, they just have to take out some pieces of furniture, lay the padding, carpet, bring in the furniture and leave.

As for DH's surgery he could have put it off a few years, but the stone would have grown and then the surgery to remove it would have been more invasive. So he just figured it was best to get it done now and get on the other side of it.

My niece is having her surgery in 2 weeks and I'm going up to visit her 2 days afterwards. DH and I will spend Saturday and Sunday visiting her in the ICU ward at the University of Indinolops Medical Center. She will have both breast removed, reconstructed and only have to take cimo pills for a few years to insure no cancer recurrence. She will be out of work 3 months but she will recover and be a good as new. Blessings there as it could have been worse.

We have 5 or six ' regular ' hummingbirds now. They come every 30 minutes or so to the feeders around the porch and back yard and we think by the end of the month we should have double or triple that zooming around the front and back yard. Such lovely and graceful creatures. A blessing that they stay with us a few months a year.

I should get up and get moving. My day should have started hours ago. Have errands to run and need to get up to do them.

Wishing one and all a fibro issues and pain free day.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

katmandulou replied to melpom's response:
Hi Mel:
We used to have cats, but when they left us, Yuki wouldn't tolerate another creature in the house. We are 'fur-kid-less' for the first time in 29 years. We'll look at another pet when the kitchen has been completed.

Exciting news on the kitchen coming tomorrow!
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I am doing a lot better. I spent a bit of time in the recliner with the heating pad, managed a couple power naps, drank lots of water, stretched, and never sat for more than an hour today. I am not 100% but hopefully good enough.

I will try the pillow tonight, I have a small one to use. I could not get a massage today but will as scheduled on the first.

Mimi, I am glad you have some closure

Thank you all for the thoughts. Have a good night.

Cory

msmary15 replied to melpom's response:
Have you had the PH in the drinking water tested?

msmary15 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
I too use a small pillow between my knees. I also place a large one against my back when I lay on my side while laying down and watching TV.

melpom replied to msmary15's response:
msmary15,
our water is very hard. We usually drink bottled water. My husband's PH is really good. I think it might have something to do with the thyroid disease adrenal insufficiency. I keep trying to improve it. Mel

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.