Skip to content
Does anyone use Magnesium Malate?
crystalgreeneyes posted:
I have heard numerous accounts regarding magnesium and it's benefits in treating fibromyalgia. Relaxation of the muscles, resulting in reduction in pain, for example and also aids in suppressing anxiety, depression, panic attacks and insomnia. All of these symptoms are at the top of my list.
Since I don't take any Rx med. for pain, I thought this might be beneficial to me and I prefer natural supplements as a rule anyway because I have a lot of adverse reactions from drugs.
My problem is that I suffered a paradoxical reaction. After only two days, I was experiencing the following: nausea, stomach upset, diarrhea, headache, cramping (legs), increase in pain, low BP, increased heart rate and high anxiety. I was wide awake until 3 in the morning and I felt frightened. Today, I feel much better.
After doing a bit of research I found that some people do have reactions like these although it's fairly uncommon, however, I didn't really read much about side effects and just went on the advise of my ND. (she didn't mention these)
One Dr. wrote that it could be a problem with dosage - too little or too much but I won't be trying it again.
I am interested in knowing whether anyone is taking it, if it's helpful or if you have had similar experience with it.
I haven't been around for awhile. I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected.

melpom responded:
crystalgreeneyes,
I have tried it and didn't have any side effects. I also take regular magnesium supplements. I was told both work for pain. I'm not sure what the difference is in them. Vitamins and supplements are a bit confusing. So many B's and different types of the same vitamin only different. Different mfg. and different dosages. ugh! I do take quite of few vitamins and supplements though. (with guidance from holistic nurses) I can't take meds due to side effects. I hope you find something that helps. Wishing you well! Mel

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.