Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday *****7/28/2014 ***** Cooler weather headed our way*
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and a cooler front is headed our way. Yes, I think we will welcome this. We had some scattered showers and more is expected Friday. It is going to be 80* tomorrow - Friday. (Nice) I do hope each of you had a good week-end and I hope we will all have a good day with little to no pain.

OK....so I have started some *cellfood*. Yes, I decided to try this. I did some research on it, then read some reviews and I think I don't have anything to lose. My PH is on the high end of acid. I was actually surprised that I could tell a difference in my eyes....which has been the worse this year. Just all of a sudden there seemed to be a difference of clarity. Now...I will waited and see if it stays. Perhaps this is due to something else. I have no idea. The cellfood tastes sour with an odd after taste. It is quite strong. I only had to buy 1 bottle of it and it is supposed to last a month. So I hope this will at least bring my PH down some. Reviews on it were really good, for the most part. As I think we all know though nothing works for everyone.

My GD was not in a good mood yesterday. She headed to the beach after she was picked up last night. She is now 10 so I told my son it will be an on going process from now on. It is interesting the phases children go through.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will make a difference in the way you feel. It does take doing a *trial and error process* on whatever you think might help. You should also remember to allow enough time for your body to perhaps gradually change. There are no quick fixes that I am aware of....no magic pill that works overnight. Everything is a process....which takes time and effort. This is a strange illness and tough to deal with.

Vitamin D. Again I want to encourage everyone to be sure and ask the doctor to check your Vitamin D level. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Do some research on this yourself...as it just might help you understand just how important it is to everyone.....no just those of us who suffer from the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

I am keeping my grandson this week. He is a good little boy and minds well. So if I am absent any morning it is probably because I overslept and was in a hurry to leave.

That's it for now. Have a great day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. This does the body good.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Happy Monday!
Cloudy and dreary here, but it's 76? with 74% humidity. Hard rain woke me, along with the AM radio crackle of lightning, and more is coming later. We had a couple partly-nice days for the weekend.

My brother got engaged a few weeks ago; I'm SO happy! His fianc?e is a wonderful woman, she has a son who's 22, and she's never been married. She's afraid of becoming a Bridezilla, and asked me if it would be tacky for them to plan a big wedding, and if she should wear white. I told her she could wear anything she wants, and to plan they wedding they (she) want. I know Dad liked her, and I told them both he'd be very happy.

Then my cousin got engaged! They live in Japan, and she's visiting with her fianc?. He's nice, and has a great sense of humor. My great-niece (she's 3) wouldn't go near him or speak to him, and he made a game out of try ing to get her to say anything to him. It's like he's one of the family already.

Both couples will get married next year, September and October.

The final measure for the kitchen is this Friday, and then everything gets ordered. It's so exciting! And that's all I have to say about it.

DH is bicycling the Pan-Mass Challenge this weekend. The aim is to raise funds for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. He's physically ready for the ride, but the fundraising part is a chore. I've collected a list of all the businesses (mostly restaurants) that will donate a portion of proceeds for a given day/time to a charity. we;ll deal with it after the ride. He has until Oct 1 to raise the amount he committed to; after that, they hit his credit card for the balance.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday, MiMI, Lou and to all that will follow. I hope everyone's weekend was good and that this week will be a good one for all of us.

It's hot here, high 80's. We did have strong storms but they passed us last night with just a bit of thunder and lightening. It's hot today, high 80's, and lots of sunshine. I have errands to run this afternoon so will be getting lots of natural Vit D3 while out and about.

DH and I are done, yes done, with the down stairs now. Every room has been updated or remodeled. Everything is in and it all looks wonderful. So, for awhile, it's settle back and enjoy the view. We do plan to get to the upstairs, but not until, I hope next Spring. We really only need to do the carpets up there since we painted the rooms just a few years ago. And we only use the one bedroom in the winter.

Not a whole lot to post about today. Fibro flare is backing off. IBS symptoms are too. Life is good when I'm in a pain free/ symptom free zone. When I have good days like I'm having I marvel at all the things that I can do. I find it's hard to just sit. I'm a whirl of activity and energy.

We have quite a few humming birds now. It's a delight to sit out on the porch in the late afternoon and watch them zoom across the yard in two and threes. The feeders go empty so quickly now to, a sure sign that we have them with us. #HAPPINESS.

I will be getting the overnight suitcase down, at some point today, and begin putting travel things into it. DH and I are heading up to Indianapolis, 3/4 hr drive from here, Saturday to see my niece who undergoes breast cancer surgery on Thursday. The surgery will be at least 10 hours. Some of those hours used to remove her breasts and the others to reconstruct them. They are telling her that she will out of it for at least one full day and then she will be fully awake by Saturday afternoon and that's just when we'll be getting to see her.

Got sad news over the weekend. One of DH's nephews, a few years younger than me, 64, passed away from a ' bleed out ' while in San Francisco, Ca. on his 25th wedding anniversary. He had a hernia that he had operated on a few years ago and the doctors used mesh and it just never was right. He had three operations to fix it the mesh problem and I was told it just weakened him on so many levels. From what I was told the arteries nearby where the mesh was just gave out. He complained of feeling ill Thursday so they took him to a nearby hospital but there was nothing the hospital could do to stop the bleeding.

Lou, so glad that you are starting your kitchen. YAY THAT.
#HAPPY 4 U.

MiMi, yes it can be uphill with girls. I know I had 3 and raised another until she was 6. Happy today, down and untalkative tomorrow. It's just the way of it.
MiMi, again, what is the upside of taking ' Cellfood ' ? and what are the side effects, if any? I found Whole Foods sells it. But am not sure, cause I missed a lot here, popping in and out as I do, what it does to help?

Nancy, I hope your Girls Night in Manhattan was wonderful. Sorry to hear that the shots made you sore. I don't get the trigger point shots but have heard they do wonders to help keep the aches and pain away. I just get the shots for the migraine and for my poor old battered knee.

Cory, I hope you had a wonderful weekend, few storms and little to no cold, where some fishing was involved.

Hello to Mary, Mel and Angeleswife, wherever you are today.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY...

Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Morning...what a weekend.

Got a call from Dad Sunday morning..said he was "in a mess"..I went right over..no mess...just some confusion on his part..they got dressed and said they were up to breakfast and church..but I could tell dad was fading in church...got home..then in the afternoon..more confusion..and just before dinner..got the shakes..and chills...we called 911 and they took him to the ER..Mom and I followed..another three-four hours in the ER (dad refused Tylenol and an x-ray until we got there..said he wanted to go home..and he was fine..)...got the x-ray to find he had the start of walking pneumonia..so he is on anti-biotics..don't know what we will do from here..we spent the night there..and we are exhausted today..

Linda..glad the house is coming along..but so sorry about the nephew...I keep hearing ads for "if you had (blank) mesh surgery and were injured, please contact (our lawyers).."..maybe his family should google lawsuits about the mesh..

Well...I must be tired..making too many spelling errors..
TTYL Cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

katmandulou replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda (hug) to you and DH. Terrible news about his nephew.
Lou

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.