Skip to content
do your teeth/gums hurt?
143Pookie posted:
So I wanted to know if anyone else had problems with their teeth hurting? Like if you have a fever, sometimes it makes your teeth ache. Sometimes this happens to me and it's not related to a dental problem, they just ache. So I take ibuprofen and excedrin and it makes it feel better for a while.

I just wanted to know if this was something that happened to anyone else. This site is so wonderful, to be able to talk to people that know what I'm going through. I have a wonderful support system, but it's nice to be able to talk to others that experience it. Thanks to all of you for being there for all of us.

M

cinndot responded:
Are you eating too much sugar? That happens to me when I eat too many peppermint candies.

cactusflower1963 responded:
Yep, my teeth hurt. It can be set off by cold, something I ate, or just for no reason at all. I even have teeth that have had root canals that hurt! My dentist could never explain it. Now I know why! I wish that dentist hadn't retired. I would call him and tell him it is due to fibromyalgia so maybe he could help other patients.

MagPrincess responded:
yup but i also have tmj which does co inside with fibro.

aundy28570 responded:
My gums hurt off and on. Doing alot better since I've been wearing a splint and using sensitive toothpaste. Ended up having a root canal done before.

Try the toothpaste and hope it helps!

caligirl34 responded:
I also get the pain in my teeth and gums. I hate to even brush them sometimes cause they hurt so bad. My teeth are so bittle they break off with the mildest foods. I garggle with salt water and that seems to help and make them stronger.

fibr0 replied to cactusflower1963's response:
The pain where you have had a root cancal was too much to take. Knowing my mom had had some gum issues I visited a periodontist to make sure all was well. She was the one who told me that the fibromyalgia was the cause of my distress. I will talk with my pain management doctor on my next visit. There is no way for those who suffer with fibro to understand unless they have experienced it themselves. I wish I had a magic answer, it is one day at a time.

queen58 responded:
Yes I have wow! So strange, but it has something to do with your heart Get that .check, I have heart failure .

queen58 replied to cactusflower1963's response:
Really!!!!!!!! Never heard that one

bette_kaffitz responded:
My dentist says that I have thrush--a fungal problem. Since I have vaginal and skin fungal problems that recur, my doctor and dentist got together and treated me orally.

The problem comes back every 3-6 months. Then I re-treat. I think it's time to go on a low carb diet and omit all sugars. All of these foods feed bacteria and fungi.

Any part of your body can hurt with fibro. On the other hand, every pain is not fibro. That's why we get all those tests that come back negative.

Bette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
371 of 398 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.