Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dr Frank's Pain Relief
cottonblossoms posted:
I've been seeing a commercial on TV for "Dr Frank's Joint and Muscle Pain Relief" It is advertised as a homeopathic, all natural liquid that you spray into your mouth to relieve joint and muscle pain. Has anybody tried this, and did it give you any pain relief? Thanks! Mary

cattlebarroness responded:
No, I haven't tried this, but the vitamins I take are all natural by a doctor that treats fribo. Let us know if you try it. Shar in Tx. :smile:

yogamama7 responded:
Yes - please let us know - I have seen the commercial twice - and then "forgot" to research it. :pbpt: Hugs

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Always keep in mind the old adage, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." A simple google search for reviews of this product is pretty revealing. One of the links the search came up with is this amazon page.

annette_030 responded:
Homeopathy is a very specific system that you must believe in to buy in to these kinds of treatments. My understanding of homeopathy is that it is the belief that if you take in extremely dilute concentrations of a substance that causes the same symptoms that you want to get rid of, it will stimulate your body to do that, and you will be cured. Their theory includes the belief that the concentrations are so low that modern science can no longer find any molecules of the original substance, but there is some kind of a "memory" that will still stimulate your body into a cure. Because there really is no active ingredient, you cannot be allergic to their medicines. (Their theory, not mine.) This is how a homeopathic doctor explained it to me. He showed me his "medical" books that told him what homeopathic remedies to use for what symptoms a patient had. Take it or leave it. Take care, Annette

shar491959 responded:
Hi Cottonblossoms I have tried something like it. But it only helps for a short time. It seams like any thing we try only works or a short time :sad: Any thing you use under your tounge goes in to your blood stream the fastest.

ldchian responded:
i tried it plus the herbal joint relief and got no relief. they promised me a $16 rebate and never sent it. i called and they referred me to another company who promised on three seperate occasions to email me with information for the rebate. they never did. in the meantime my 30 days to return the product ran out. they want the original invoice and packaging. who keeps that? when you're in pain you become desperate (well, i did). but this stuff doesn't work.

ZooCrewMom responded:
OK, my first post completely disappeared! GRRRRRRRR I read the reviews on Amazon and here is what I found. The positive reviews caught my attention. The reason is that the job I just left was an SEO manager. Doing things for search engine optimization. It is a technique to get you higher in the search engines. Anyway, that is what those positive reviews were! That makes me really mad! People will read those and believe that an FM patient got relief or someone who has been injured. A dead give away of this is where "Lauren" posted Inflammation, Pain & Stiffness in the middle of the sentence. It is old school SEO. Capitalize key phrases. I am not saying this stuff doesn't work (although the reviews are overwhelmingly against it) but I would guess that the positive reviews are all either accounts that were set up for the purpose of writing that or they got people that work for them or are friends to write those reviews. And no, not all SEO is like that. We used to post articles about our products. Not sales pitches, real information. So not only is it snake oil, but they are using "black hat" SEO techniques to dupe people in real need. ok, getting off the soap box but still feeling pretty angry Angel

annette030 responded:
Anytime someone tells me they will give me a refund if something doesn't work for my FMS pain, I tell them to give me the pills first and if it works, I will send them the money and be happy to buy the stuff for the rest of my life. Only one salesperson has done that, and it did not work, and I was not out any money. No chasing down receipts, etc. Take care, Annette

Dudester responded:
:smile: Dear Cottonblossoms, My mother in law is 80 years of age. She told me about this and is totally sold on it. She says she no longer feels the pain and stiffness in her joints. She said she noticed a difference after using it for 1 week but after 3 weeks was really sold on it! She said you have to use it exactly as it says. 4 sprays under the tongue every 6 hours. If she wakes up at night and its about 6 hours since she took it last, she even takes it during the night. My sister and I started using it and seeing some relief. Of course it would probably be more effective for us if we would remember to take it as diligently as we are supposed to. Definitely NO bad side effects so it doesn't hurt to try it. Good luck! You can buy it other places though that are not quite as expensive as buying thru Dr. Frank's website. Be careful if you do use his website. Don't get stuck with auto delivery unless that's what you really want. Sincerely, Gloria

Dauniwan responded:
IM always skeptical of the promised cures...if it was as easy as in a bottle and a spray... a vitamin or a juice.... ...I think the goverment would issue it to us all...to keep expenses down...as of yet I know of only aids..n not cures for this dragon. Hope it can be a good aid for you...me im sticking with the tools myself n the dr are trying.. thx for informing us always willing to learn. Daun in MO...:)

Lionforlife responded:
Dear Idchian: Sorry to hear that you are not able to get your money back from Dr. Frank. The only option available to you is to call the Better Business Bureau and list a complaint with them. On Dr. Frank's website, he claims to be a member of the "BBB," which (I'm sure) gives many people in pain a sense that he is legitimate. Having not tried this pain product, I cannot say 100% that he's selling snake oil, but when a company is not willing to return your money, it does not bode well for them. I was about to order this product this morning, but a red flag went up after Dr. Frank tried to get me to sign up for his monthly delivery program. Here's the e-mail I sent to his Customer Service Department: Customer Service: I was about to order your no pain oral spray for $19.95, as advertised, but stopped processing the order when the price changed to $29.95 because I am unwilling to agree to your ongoing monthly delivery program before having the opportunity to see if your product actually works. This type of marketing makes me question Dr. Frank and the validity of this product. There are many that may call your approach predatory, since you are marketing to senior citizens that have pain, and telling them that they can cancel at anytime if they are displeased with your product. As we all know, many seniors (and non-seniors) forget to cancel. The ethical thing to do is to allow people to try your product first without penalizing them by paying more for it, and if your product works, people will flock to your site and sign up for your monthly delivery program.

Coastdaze replied to Lionforlife's response:
I've been using Dr. Frank's pain spray for years and I LOVE IT! I had sore back, knees, ankles...I'm a snow skier, tennis player, bicycle rider...very active so my body needs the help.

AND you can adjust the frequency of shipments...monthly, every other month, every 90 days, etc. It's very easy to adjust shipping. And it's worth every cent of the $28!!

fitzgift replied to Dauniwan's response:
I hate to say this but the government won't help us. The Dr's and pharmaceuticals co. are in selling pills together they feed of each other Dr perscribes pharmcy deliers and they all get pay backs So if the gov. wanted to help us th Dr and parmceuticals would be out of business.
I take naturel pills and cures. Sorry to disalusion you fitzgift

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.