Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I hope that this article brings hope
ctbeth posted:
I participate in the pain management community.

My sis in England posted this on her Facebook page.

I did post it on my community, and hope that there's some info here that helps.

No matter what our suffering, we all need to hold on to hope.

CTB
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

dollbug responded:
Thanks for sharing the link above. It is an interesting article. I hope that doctors continue to research FM and find something that will help all of us FMers with our pain and fatigue. I am not sure though that all FMers deal with hand issues. I do know that I have certainly had my share of them. I started with the doctors thinking mine was carpal tunnel. I had 7 surgeries on my hands. (yes, I did say 7 - 2 of which was surgery from falling outside and breaking both of my wrists. (at different times about a year and a half between them). I will say this that only after I had surgery on them when I broke them and finally recovered did my hands *feel* better. By the time this happened though, both hands were very weak and I have never recovered from this part of it.

I also want to add that my spine is affected by this illness as well.....or perhaps it is something else. I have been unable to sleep in my bed now since 2005. I sleep in a recliner with pillows. This is the only way that my back does not give my major problems.

Last year I tried P5P for lower back pain and I have been taking this since April of last year. I no longer have the lower back pain. P5P is a processed form of Vitamin B 6 which our bodies can use. It comes in capsule form. When my daughter suggested that I use this I doubted that it would help. I had already been to several doctors trying to figure out what was causing the pain. I have several tests and the doctors could not find anything which they thought would be causing my pain. They made me feel like I was just imagining the lower back pain. The only relief that I found was when I used my heating pad.

My daughter heard about this on Fox TV channel from a local doctor. She was talking about a seminar that she had just attended and was sharing what she had found out about Morton's toes and P5P. When my daughter told me about it she thought I should do some research on it and try it. I did and was shocked to find that it eases my lower back pain. I have to take one capsule every 24 hours though to keep my lower back pain at bay.

I do agree with you....we all must hold on to hope.

Hopefully the medical researchers will soon fix all of the puzzle together and get a clearer picture of the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Thanks again for sharing.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

ctbeth replied to dollbug's response:
Hello Mimi,

I've not heard or read anything on P5P. I don't know what it is.

Please do tell me. I like to look it up. I'll do anything to get any relief.

Living with chronic pain is tough sometimes, no matter what the cause is of the pain.

I think that having fibro must, in some ways, be even more difficult as it appears that you have to approach professionals without knowing if they're going to condescend to you, or listen intently and try to help you.

From an outsider's perspective, and I'm also an RN, it does look like fibromyalgia has been given more respect over the past few years.

Let's all hope that enough funding goes to research and that persons with fibromyalgia finally get the answer about what it is, and treatments that help more than those you have now.

Thank you for being such a gracious hostess to a guest in your community.

Best wishes,

Beth

dollbug replied to ctbeth's response:
Hello Beth. P5P is just a processed form of Vitamin B 6. It is in capsule form so the body can use it. I put up with lower back pain for almost a year. No one could find anything that was causing my pain. (the doctors made me feel like they thought I was making it all up - which was NOT the case at all).

I have no idea just how it works or exactly why....but I know it does. My doctor did NOT know what it was either. When I told my doctor about the P5P fixing my lower back pain, he just looked at me. I know that he still does NOT believe me when I tell him that I am good taking my vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well for my FM pain.

If only I could find something to help the chronic fatigue I would be so much better. I still have NOT found anything though that has made a difference.

I keep hoping and I keep trying different things.

One day.....maybe.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

ctbeth replied to dollbug's response:
Hi MiMi!

Thanks so much.

I looked it up after reading what you posted. It's very, very interesting.

Nice to see you on the pain management community, too.

Beth

annamarrs responded:
This is very interesting. I found it most interesting that they were focusing on "hand" pain as this is the main source of my pain. I have always found the form of my pain in my hands to be unique to explain. Its almost like a burning or pulling feeling and its so hard to describe to someone who has never felt it before. Knowing that it might be specific to FM is oddly comforting. I know that sounds strange, but when you have so many things go wrong over a life time and then find out that they are all under one umbrella, its nice to know your not a hypochondriac. So thanks for sharing

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.