Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Can't find a Specialist
hurtingsue posted:
I need help in finding a specialist for my Fibro. I live in Ocala Florida and there isn't one DR that will take my insurance. I have ChampVa. My husband is a disabled vet so the Government covers me. I hve looked 25 miles from where I live and ther isn't a DR that will take me. Thank you for any help you can give me.
Was this Helpful?
9 of 18 found this helpful
dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome.....MiMi in NC....just wanted to tell you that we are not allowed to put doctors names on the board....but if I were you....I would call around to doctors offices and ask them if there is anyone there who treats FM....or if you live close to a school of medicine....this might be your best bet....

In the meantime....I do want to encourage you to ask the doctor (when you find one) to be sure and check your Vitamin D level....which is so very important for us FMers....a simple blood test...but you MUST ASK the doctor to do it.... have found a unique support group here...and you can learn a lot about how to check out the Tips and Resources to the right of the sure and review the
member toolbox and nutrition and vitamins....some very good information....the member toolbox is actually by some of our own members here who have tried and found "tools and tips" to help you cope better with the pain you have....

Living with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....can be a challenge for each of us every day....and since we are all takes a trial and error process of trying different things to help us....

I have learned how to "control my FM pain" by taking vitamins and supplements.....I take magnesium and malate combination supplement, (vitamin store) Omegas, (I take fish oil, krill oil and salmon oil) Vitamin D supplement, Calcium and Super B others....but these are the ones which help me the most....

I hope you will post often.....ask questions, make comments or suggestions.....and if you want to ask Dr. P a sure and direct it to him by putting Dr. P in the subject line....he is a part of our exchange and also has FM....a wonderful asset.....

Take care and good luck....

jamesii responded:
I am a disabled vet., my wife is being treated at The VA Hospital. Can you not get treatment at the VA Hospital. Also, there are several people on this site that refer that question to a web site for FM. I don't know the website, but I believe if you type in your search engine Fibromyalgia Dr.s, it will probably give you a list of those within your region.

DemetriaC responded:
I just moved to tulsa,ok and i can't find a doctor to give me my drugs because of the medical coverage or they don't give me pain meds
katmandulou responded:
Call your insurance co (or look on their website) to see the docs with whom your insurance has agreements. It's probably the easiest way. Jim's suggestion sounds logical too - see if there's a VA doc who will see you.

All the best,
Vight__ replied to DemetriaC's response:
Hey Demetria,
Vight here. Please tell me have you heard of this drug "Savella ?" Tell me what has worked for you? My wife is frequently in pain from FM and so here I am looking for background to see what help.
Any advice is openly welcome.
fibroinsd replied to Vight__'s response:
Dear hurting sue..and Vight..

As Mimi said...look to the right hand column and find the section called resources...and find the member toolbox post. It has lots of helpful suggestions..Also like Mimi says...have your Vit D. checked. That can make a big difference.

As far as finding a doctor...You can go to the for a list of doctors in your area. Like Jim said...there is help available through the just have to be persistent, I do believe. Many of the doctors that treat fibro are you can call offices of Rhumatologists and ask if they treat fibro. Like someone said..another suggestion is to call your insurance and ask them for a referral.

I do suggest you also start taking some good vitamins...a good multi, a good B-100 Complete, D , magnesium and omegas are all good for us...Start doing some stretching and taking good care of yourself...

Hope this is helpful,
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright
Joyslp73 responded:
Dear hurtingsue,

I'm new but just saw your post, I also need a good specialist, I live in Venice, FL, and as luck would have it my husban is also a disabled vetern so I have the same coverage. Maybe you can share your resources of what you learned if your willing to share.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Joyslp73's response:
Hi Joyce and welcome here,

You happen to be responding in a discussion which was begun years ago and I'm unsure that Sue is still looking in.

So I encourage you to start a new discussion to say hello to the community and ask for ways to go about finding a good specialist (no one can give specific recommendations but they can offer guidance).

To do that, hold your cursor over the orange Post Now button and choose 'Discussion' from the drop down menu which appears. Fill in the subject line and body of the message (you can ignore the poll part if you want) and Submit.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
395 of 422 found this helpful