Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Possible Dietary Link
An_198653 posted:
Though FM is more common among women I am a male that suffered it for a long time until I discovered I was gluten intolerant. That issue has apparently caused a host of very different and wide ranging symptoms over the course my lifetime with FM being the latest. Trying to maintain a gluten free diet as left me largely pain free.
Was this Helpful?
3 of 7 found this helpful

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome to WebMD,

I'm glad the gluten-free diet has made such a difference to you. Sensitivity to gluten can create some of the same symptoms as Fibromyalgia.

Such a diet didn't change my own FM symptoms at all. My daughter-in-law, on the other hand, doesn't have Fibromyalgia but has celiac disease, feels so much better on a gluten-free diet.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.