Skip to content
Has Anyone Tried This?
GuitarMan33 posted:
thetentests.com

It looks different. but, i wouldn't be able to afford it. i knew someone who was incredibly helped. Now they were able to return to work.

The website is still under construction. But, what a nice guy to speak with.
Was this Helpful?
5 of 11 found this helpful

Wolfsong452 responded:
NEVER heard of the tens test.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
That's a very pricey protocol; I would personally be leery about gleaning information from a site which is all about selling that protocol.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

GuitarMan33 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I found an article he wrote called "the ten tests that your doctor should have ordered". He claims that these are all fda approved tests by real labs. Could you read the article and give your opinion? I would save the money for it if it is worth it.
http://www.browardacupuncture.com/tenstest.pdf

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to GuitarMan33's response:
Sorry, GuitarMan, I'm not a health professional and so can't give my opinion about that but I see it is generated by the same person who is selling that pricey protocol.

I think there are all sorts of approaches (exercise, acupuncture, certain supplements, massage, etc.) which can help with Fibromyalgia pain but there is no cure and anyone promising that.... well, I would be leery. Be careful of claims when it's all about selling you something. :-) You can get those treatments on your own. :-)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

JesusFreakKaren replied to GuitarMan33's response:
I am not a clinical professional; however I have done graduate level research on fibromyalgia.

Some of what they cite are extremely preliminary studies that would need to be confirmed in order to be legitimate conclusions.

In addition, they cite "contributing factors" to fibromyalgia that are false. Central sensitization is not a contributing factor - it is a key set of signs/symptoms that make up fibromyalgia; it doesn't contribute to the disorder, it is the disorder. In addition, there have been absolutely zero studies that support long term viral infections as contributing to fibromyalgia. The closest a study came to supporting the chronic infection link was one study that showed the longer you had FM, the more mycoplasma infections you had, but they were not associated with any FM clinical variable and giving long term antibiotics for these infections never contributed to pain relief, better sleep, etc.

When you cite sources that are up to 60 years old and have nothing newer, you're conclusions are bunk. Three of the "contributing factors" listed in the part that has studies supposedly supporting them don't have ANY studies to support it, which means that it is theory without basis.

When you look for potential tests/interventions/treatments, you need to have them be either really cheap and harmless according to studies, or have real potential for benefit for YOU based on it working for others in your same situation. One study from over a decade ago is not sufficient evidence for someone to try something horrendously expensive, unless they could fill a local swimming pool with hundred dollar bills. JMO. Sorry to be so aggressive, but I hope it helped; God bless,

Karen

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.