Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
SJORGENS SYNDROME
JERRIAYN posted:
In response to your excessive thirst, an ent dr. diagnosed me with the syndrome due to excessive dryness of nasal passages and thirst. There isn't alot you can do about it, but it helps others to understand why I can tip up a 32 oz bottle of gatorade and finish it in 30 seconds.
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful

evonneralph responded:
I know this is quite a long time since you posted your question, but wanted to offer something more than gatroade.

I take Exovax four times a day. It seems to be more effective on some days, but I take a lot of medication. I also sip on drinks all day long, use gum or mints.

It's not really just the dryness of nasal passages of the but also effects the eyes, throat and, in rare cases, internal organs.

To confirm you have Sjogren's, you will need to do a lip biopsy.

There is a Sjogren's Foundation on the web if you want to learn more and/or be in contact with others.

Thanks.

Mckm2 responded:
Did the Dr. check your thyroid as well because excessive thirst is one of the major symptoms for Hypothyroidism. Just thought I'd ask. Hope it all works out. MCKM2

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.