Skip to content
De-Stressing When I'm Ready To Scream
angelswife posted:
Ever had a day where you want to kill your spouse/family member because they just don't get how you feel? Or you feel like your head will come off if you hold things in one more minute? Or you get stuck in a life-totally-sucks place and can't get out?

I've had all of those, sometimes all on the same day. On those days my journal is a lifesaver (in more ways than one!). I have a special journal that I call my "Dumping Ground" where I put all my dark, ugly, raging, fearful, miserable, self-pitying thoughts. I write everything I am holding in until I feel lighter, and then I close the book and walk away. This practice helps me to better manage my flares because I'm not holding everything in. It has also kept me from unfairly dumping on people.

I keep my journal in a safe place---the stuff I dump isn't meant for anyone to see. It is a way of keeping me sane when I feel like I am losing it. It gets the junk out of me so there's room for peace to come in. Hope this helps!
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

An_198659 responded:
My favorite thoughts during my day are:

"My life, it is what I make it".

"No one is too blame for my aliments".

"I can't control how people respond to me, but I can control how I respond to people"

Those usually settle me back down.

dollbug responded:
Hello angelswife.....MiMi in NC....I do not enjoy bursted anyone's bubble but I truly do not think anyone who does not have first hand contact with the wrath of the dragon will ever "get it"....doctors, (except of course, Dr. P) do not "get it" as well as family and friends....unless a person has walked along with us in our personal journey each and every day....there are really no words to completely describe how much this ugly and mean illness affects us...

No matter what we tell people to try to make them understand...they actually have no idea...and you know...I quit trying....it is no use....I do what I can when I can how I can...and I forget the rest....and if I get to it...well, that's good....if I don't, then too bad....maybe I will tomorrow or the next day or the next week...or the next month...

Life is too short to worry about everything...and if and when we do...then we only stress ourselves even more...

And you know....nothing is worth stressing over anything....especially if it is out of our control to do anything about it anyway...

Take care and I hope this helps...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks, Mimi---this is why I keep this journal. My husband tries to be supportive but I know he will never truly understand. I dump my frustration, etc. onto the pages so I won't unfairly get angry with him or blame him for not "getting it". It keeps us together.

NeNe_11 responded:
I appreciate your honesty. I think it is good to be in touch with ALL of our emotions not just the good ones! I have very ugly thoughts some days but keep them in check by keeping in His Word and relying on His strength. Also, my beloved dog Jazz just passed away 4 weeks ago-i always called her my "blood pressure pill" because just putting my hands in her fur & kissing her sweet face put me in that peaceful, safe place. My pain has sky- rocketed since she passed & the depression is so tough at times,but I know this too shall pass. I wish you better days.

The journal is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.