Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Re: cold all the time
padkinspsme posted:
I'm newly diagnosed with FM -- but am convinced I've had it for 15 years now.

I'm surprised that no one suggested a hot bath for relieving the cold!! I nearly LIVE in the bathtub. Can't sleep? Hot bath. Pain too much to handle? Hot bath. Cold to the core? Hot bath. I may end up looking like a prune, but at least I get some relief!!

Hope this helps!!
Was this Helpful?
14 of 21 found this helpful
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome here!

For me, it's hot showers. Hot baths are rarely comfortable for me but I take two to three hot showers per day.

Glad you found something that helps you. :-)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

NeNe_11 responded:
Thats funny!! I take it you like baths?! Im a shower person-water has to be hotter than hot & Im in there for a half an hour! I like the water pounding on my muscles-it gives instant relief, if only for a short while.
Denise

teddybear200 responded:
I am cold all the time - but due to Reynaud's and iron deficent anemia. I can not take hot bath's or showers because I have neuropathy here there and everywhere. I miss the hot showers.
Some day I will soar on wings of an Eagle - Teddybear

wendogal responded:
hello there and welcome

I prefer my heating pad which is on all the time. My wonderful hubby surprised me with a heating pad in the cars. What a wonderful man he is.

Showers and baths take too much energy at present. It is a struggle getting in and out of the tub. Once a day is plenty for me. lol But I am so glad they work for you. Any way we find relief is a blessing indeed.
Gentle hugs, support and inspiration!!!! God bless America, God bless us all. Wendy

Wolfsong452 responded:
bathing is totally torture for me.

me, who used to stay in the tub a couple of hours reading.

now can't do the tub thing, and the reading is slowly but surely going down.

Pixe5 responded:
Ummm! Hot bath with aromatherapy. ;)

I had to have my tub replaced, and my dear old dad payed for a larger than normal tub. Very relaxing!

caroldenhamclark replied to NeNe_11's response:
I have to sit on a bench to take my showers and my bad, bad, knee will not let me sit down. I love the hot shower, beating on my back and also my head. I f eel so much more relaxed after the shower.

caroldenhamclark replied to wendogal's response:
A heating pad is a wonder. It is right be my chair and whenever i sit down to watch
TV, relax, or read, it is on my back----sometimes lower back or sometimes my neck.
Carol

Gentle Hugs

nina58 responded:
I've had FM all my life in fact my mother, twin sister and our kids all have fibromyalgia and we've all gone to hot showers and homeopathic. I've felt better now then I have all my life.
I use to be on 23 medications and I drove an electric wheel chair
for over 7 years because driving a car just made me hurt more with all the traffic and then some. now I'm wheel chair free.
Any how, sense I've gone to homeopathic and herbs my sleep, tension migraines, fibro nots all through my body and the restless
body things have gotten better. So if you can get on the internet and look up natural cures or remedies for your fibromyalgia it's not a quick fix like your medication but if you can do this for your self Great...I found out that all the med's and even antacids for your belly reek havoc on the your joints.

MUDGEY47 responded:
I to have found hot baths to help, I also found that I use plain rice in an old tube sock tied at the end and place it in microwave to warm it. I use several for my feet, neck, hands back and it stays warm for a long time especially when I use it at night in the bed.

I used to live in Michigan and by accident found when my hands and feet were chilled and I couldn't sleep I would take a sip of Nyquil it warmed my body and let me relaxed enough to sleep a restful night.

Hope some of these help take care living is not always easy with pain. M

CountryLady46 responded:
I totally understand about being COLD all the time, when around the house I usually wear sweat pants and two pairs of socks! My feet and hands are what stay colder most of the time. Hot showers do help me too, but I have other physical problems that won't allow me to be in the tub or shower when alone at home. I sleep with an electric heating blanket on low setting all through the year, even in summer with the AC on in the house. I have DDD, DJD, and Fibro. I was given a huge electric heatng pad for christmas this year and I use it on my back to ease pain in my lower back. I think I have had this Fibro for several years but was just positively diagnosed with it last December 2010. The pain is bad enough some days that all I can do is take my meds and cry, I sure wouldn't wish this pain on even my worst enemies.

pipersky2 responded:
I am the same way. I live in my bathtub in the winter. I get up sometimes at 2 or 3 am and get in the tub. I love it, I just relax and think of good things. Angela

TSollog replied to pipersky2's response:
I love an extra-warm bath or shower. I love a hot tub even more. Ah... "Calgon take me away"!

sfarris09 replied to TSollog's response:
I'm so glad I joined this community today! I thought I was just plain crazy about getting cold to the core. I usually have to sit in a very hot bath (that I refill about 3 times), then get up and shower till the hot water runs out. It really sucks :(

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.