Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Entire Community
daisypenny posted:
May I suggest a wonderful book written by Dr. Harvey Diamond called,
"Living Without Pain". Very very interesting and helpful. I'm working on his recommendations currently.
Was this Helpful?
8 of 12 found this helpful

annette030 responded:
Thanks for the heads up on this book. Let us know how his recommendations help you.

Take care, Annette

annette030 responded:
I Googled this book and the author. It does not claim he is a doctor. No where does it say what kind of education he has.

I read his website and he is a professional author, no claim to any education at all. No explanation beyond he has 35 years of "research" on this subject. I don't know what that means.

He wants to sell stuff, supplements and books. He clumps FMS, Arthritis, Lupus, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome all together as things this will fix by fixing our broken lymph systems????

He had peripheral neuropathy allegedly from Agent Orange in Viet Nam, that he says this stuff has pretty much, but not entirely fixed. However, he does not add PN into the disorders that he claims this will work on. Strange.

Best of luck to you, but I opt not to fatten his wallet.

Take care, Annette

Pixe5 replied to annette030's response:
Hi Annette,

Thanks for the head's up! There is so much wrong info because fibro cannot fit neatly into a certain category or treatment. That leaves the issue wide open for any quack who claims to have a "cure". The simple cures are the ones that people often go for. It is too difficult for some of us to accept that this is a complicated illness, and yes it would be nice to attribute all of the symptoms to one cause and one treatment, but it hasn't happened yet.

I don't mean to offend anyone here with my opinions, I admit I could be wrong. And it could be that some of these treatments may have some value. However, I don't believe anyone who uses flashy advertising and big promises.

I am going to see an alternative doctor that may be able to help me. He's a chiropracter and does theraputic massage. They also have physical therapy there too. And all paid for by Medicare!!! ;)

After seeing so many flashy websites for chiropractors who treat fibro, I was surprised to find him just in the superpages!
There was a listing of what they offer there, but no flash and empty promises. Anyway, wish me luck! I'll let you know how it goes!

Pixie

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.