Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
suensam
susanstop56 posted:
The stress in my life is going to kill me one day. I've tried so many things from meds to acupucture, I think my only relief would be to live on a desert Island. Ok I know that's impossible so for now I'm going to avoid many members of my family. I'll try to let u know how this works.
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

NeNe_11 responded:
I understand, Susan....Sometimes family situations can be the most difficult to deal with. Some of those in our families can be toxic & we need to avoid them for our sanity. Even if you have good relationships, they still do not understand what we are going through. I find it even stressful to be around the one I love, which is hard because I live with him, because I dont want the stress of having to constantly say" NO" I cant go out with you today, or I cant do this with you... Find someone else to hang with..JUST LEAVE ME ALONE SO I DONT FEEL MORE GUILT THAN I ALREADY HAVE!
Sorry, Im ranting. I feel your pain with the family thing, though & wish you well.
Denise

Dollbug responded:
Hello Susan and welcome....family members who bless us with stress......OMG....I am so with you on this one....MiMi in NC....I think you are new....as I do not remember "talking" to you....this is really hard....but we have to figure out just how much we can do and compensate for what is going on with us...I say this because I have had been there done that....and several times over...

I have learned how to "control my FM pain" by taking vitamins and supplements....and doing other things...and among them is the fact that I have to "pick and chose" some of the things that I do....and sometimes....this gets really hard....but this is my way of surviving....

My stress is not something that I can just "toss"....although there are days when I would like to....a person should never ever underestimate what a mother will do for her children....regardless of how old they are....as long as I know that one of my children is being taken advantage of....then I will do what I can....and believe me....I often wonder when my stress is going to let up......as I know it will not go away....since there is a child involved....and my grand daughter will always be a part of my concern....as it is her safety and well being that I worry the most about...

So....figure out what is truly important....and limit the other things....I do not always like my choices but I have to do this in order to be able to cope....

I hope that you will check out the info under "tips" and "resources" to the right of this page....there is some good "tools and tips" there that you might want to try....be sure and read "member toolbox" and "nutrition and vitamins"....

I would also encourage you to be sure and get your Vitamin D level checked....which is so important for a lot of people....low vitamin D can cause us additional pain...and it can also affect other illnesses as well....it is a simple blood test...but you MUST ASK the doctor to run it....as it is not (yet) included in the normal bloodwork that they do....

I do hope things get better for you....good luck and take care...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.