Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mag Malate + Malic Acid
NeNe_11 posted:
Hi All!
Since we all talk about the importance of Mag & Malic Acid supps, I wanted to share with you that I just ordered it from Puritans Pride. They were 2 for $17.99. There are 180 caplets per bottle & you take 3 per day. It seemed to be a good deal. Vitamin World, where I get the rest of my supps, does not carry it.

Now if I could only feel good enough to get to the mall for the rest of my vitamins.....

Denise
Was this Helpful?
3 of 6 found this helpful

Dollbug responded:
Hello Denise.....MiMi in NC....I think that even vitamins and supplement actually can affect us FMers....in a different way...I know that I have found that the joint supplements are not the same....some of them do not help me one bit....so I think that a person has to treat these in the "trial and error process" also....I have not heard of the brand you are talking about.....it does seem like a good deal....actually a very good deal....so I hope you will let us know if this works for you...

I take Source Naturals and it states that 1 to 3 daily....I can only take 1....but this works just find for me....actually I can not take the 3 a day at all....causes stomach issues with me...

I hope that you find this helps you.....as I do not remember if you said you had already tried it or not...

Take care and good luck....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

NeNe_11 replied to Dollbug's response:
Mimi,
I think that Puritan's Pride is a sister company to Vitamin World. I have been taking Magnesium for a while but just realized the one's I had were Mag Oxide. I know that these are not absorbed well & that malate is probably the best form for us with pain issues so I switched. The label on these say to take 1-3 as well. I will watch out for stomach upset & start out at a lower amount. Also, I started on D3 several weeks ago & Im really curious to see if any of these supps help reduce the pain, as it is really awful right now.
Thanks Mimi, for your input.
Denise

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.