Skip to content
Fibromyalgia tips: these are things that have helped me to cope with my fibro symptoms:1) Trazadone for sleep-this medication made a significant reduction in my foot pain.
JujeeBee posted:
And I had told my diagnosing reumotologist that I thought I slept ok, but she suggested to try the trazadone, and it did make a difference. Melatonin did not work for me, and gave me really wierd sensory feelings-I did not like it at all.
2)Sleep on a natural latex foam mattress-pricey-yes, but oh so worth it.
3) Sleep on a low intensity heating pad-not the typical kind you buy at walmart-they get too hot. I got mine from:www.electrowarmth.com
In the winter I place it lower in the bed by my feet, and summer-under my back after gardening. They come in a wide variety of sizes, from small pads to whole bed size. This company gives great service also-after having mine for several years of daily use, something was wrong with the controls-I mailed it back and they serviced it at NO CHARGE! How can you beat that? Another place to order from also is :www.Cozywinters.com
4) Set a timer to avoid over working when doing cleaning and gardening. I force myself to stop before it hurts, otherwise I end up in bed for days with an aching back.
5) Start gardening tasks 45-60 minutes before sunset-that way if I ignore the timer, I have to stop b/c it's dark out!
6) Low back support pillow for traveling: Fill the main compartment of a lightweight fanny-pack with bubble wrap, fill small side pockets with keys, cash, cards, meds. etc..
7) Most comfortable shoes: Easy Spirit Traveltime slip-ons-I love these shoes.
Most comfortable sandals: Clarks Lucena's-pricey but duarable and heavenly soft
9) Best spirit boosters,(besides family and friends); my three cats.
10) Forgive yourself for all that you cannot do. I am still working on this one!
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.