Skip to content
A thank you to Dr. P and my tip for flares
kdaleyrn posted:
Though I can't remember your jokes, I remember the laughter we shared. Humor was the best advice you gave me and I thank you.

My tip is to remember during those horrible flares, when symptoms are raging and no one gets it, this too shall pass. You will not die from this, no matter how much it feels like you will and it will eventually simmer down to where you can stand it. I think of it in terms of a pilgrimage.

I had a horrible winter, yet I pressed on by God's Grace with diet and excercise and heat and massage, etc. etc., and told myself that this was not the new me.
I was right this time.

I have learned over the years that this is a hard and much misunderstood disease. I try to educate when I can, but you have to know your audience. Sometimes it's better to be silent.
Anyway, dream on to the better days.
Hope this is helpful. I have been on this journey over 15 years.
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.