Skip to content
(((Sorry To Hear About Such "Wicked" Pain)))
deanrn58 posted:
Sounds like me early on in my Diagnosis 12 y/ago. Had a Rheum. who ggot in my face told me I would not get better unless I learned to "PACE my activites." He understood me being an "overachiever" and was quite compassionate. I have placed my Health first always. I did not make it to Grad School, but have found working from home a better alternative. My cats are my loving salvation. I am forced to take breaks and allow them to "Love on Me" throughout the day. Yoga is my physical salvation as is deep meditation and meaningful prayer. However you want to interpret this is up to you. I have been engaged in Hatha (Yoga for Health) Yoga since I was first in College at aged 18 yrs. Some poses I can go deeper and some I have to noe modify but I practice daily for 50 minutes. I take 1.5mg Klonopin for sleep, takes care of anxiety and I sleep well. I have true restless leg syndrome (Bilateral seizing of legs at night or "Chaliehorses" at the same time that are painful and nothing can stop the clonic type tightening of the muscles and nothing relieves it except that my Dr. I found that 200mg. of Topamax one in the am and one in the pm keeps them from occurring. SOmetimes I have a tendency to overdo, but I just curl up with my cats and take a nap. No one perfect. I am not married so I suppose being responsible for only myself and my two kitties is enough. I eat whole, organic fresh only and drink about 2L of H2O daily. No Caffeine, No Sodas. Green and freshly brewed Herbal teas hot or iced are my preferred drinks. I don't do Alcohol because I get Alcohol Poisoning. Planning helps - If I know I am going to be running errands and won't have time to cook I will pre-prepare and fridge and pop into the microwave. Nothing wrong with partially cooking a meal and freezing or placing in fridge. Setting priorities in a datebook, planner appt. book so you can remind yourself who and what is most important is ok. Took me a few years to work on that and I became ok with dating and seeing men again. At 52, they are just too much trouble and I can't have children anyway and it takes too long to describe why I hurt at the end of the day. I am now developing Migraines but so did my Mother at this age. One day at a time.
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

kadiki responded:
So sorry for your misery. I too was dianosed with the terrible restless legs. At night was pure torture. I was given requip but it made me sick to my stomach. So, I went on line to research it and I know it sounds stupid but I found when I googled it several pages of remedies came up and they said to put a bar of soap in the bed and it would stop restless legs and leg cramps. I thought, no way, but what did I have to lose. I tried it and it totally stopped my restless legs and my husbands ocassional leg cramps. Google it and at least try it. Hope this helps.
One day at a time. Diane King

spookiesmom replied to kadiki's response:
I had forgotten about the bar of soap! Is it a specfic brand?

I've found flexeril helps with my restless feet, I sleep better, and feel a tensy tiny bit better.

kadiki replied to spookiesmom's response:
Says anything but dial or dove. I haven't tried those two but all the rest i've tried works!
One day at a time. Diane King

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.