Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Focus on the positive and try to look for ways to help others and take the focus off ourselves.
fibrosupporter posted:
This is a poem that God gave me, I shared it with my friends at angelhugsministry.com and they've encouraged me to continue to allow God to work in my life, whether it be a poem or helping someone in need. I go through the same things as everyone else, just remembe prayer works and altho we see only part, in eternity we will see all. Here's my poem, hope you enjoy.

You Say Its Hard To See

You say its hard to see my hurts because there is nothing you can see.
No cast, no bruise, no bandages on me.
Let me share with you the secrets that are within me.
I worry of the pain i'll have when i do awake,
I wake up to the pain, my muscles or a headache.
My fears are rooted deep down in my soul,
Will I be able to get through all this as it takes its toll?
Fibromyalgia, what a crazy name, rarely even heard of it, much less speak the name!
Stay positive, eat the recommended foods, and take the right dose,
Try to stay focused on the things that mean the most.
What? I asked did i do to bring this on?
They really cannot tell me, just my muscles are a time bomb.
Wishing that I had done more, now that I have to be careful what I do,
What will set it off? Cleaning, playing catch with the ball, or going to the zoo?
I hurt in my shoulders, my back, my legs, my neck,
I feel like a hypocondriac because I am just a wreck.
My family can't understand, they can't see the pain, but they try.
They know its gotten really bad when I go to my room and cry.
I'm not looking for sympathy or someone to say 'poor you',
Just trying to help others understand and trying to help get you through.
Somedays arent so bad, you almost think that your okay,
You'll probably over do it and take advantage of the day.
And you will worry about tomorrow if you know you've over done,
But the Word says not to worry about tomorrow as today has enough worries of its own.
So enjoy the good days as if they'll never end,
Toss the ball, give lots of hugs, love your family and friends.
I'll end this poem now as my fingers are going numb,
Not all of them, just the middle two and my thumb.
Pain, sadness, hopelessness, anger, frustrations, confusion and fear are all a part of this. And yes, sometimes just feeling blue.
This is not all of the the symptoms, only a part of what fibro sufferers go through.
So love them with the love of God and do your best to do your part,
Because every little bit of help and prayers will so touch our hearts.
Trust in God and lay all your troubles at the alter, I promise as God promises, He will see you through.
Life is short.
Pray hard.
Penny Simpson
Was this Helpful?
27 of 30 found this helpful

Ihavethat2 responded:
What a beautiful poem! So true.... I am 43 and I look about 10 years younger. No one would know there is anything wrong with me. I have been a nurse since I was 18 and am now disabled. Unfortunately, fibro is only 1 of my diagnoses. This poem is very inspiring! I used to say "why me?" I now know that the good Lord doesn't give us anymore than we can handle. True... Some days I believe I can't. But I have to try..
Thanks for sharing this!
I will add you to my prayers....

wendyBidwell responded:
I couldn't have said it better my self. Thank you for your poem

rudyandirmouse responded:
This is a beautiful and inspirational poem. I'm not sure if you are a site or one of the Family members, but which ever way it is, Thank you so much for posting this.

Linda R.

Starich44 responded:
Beautifully said!

An_244106 replied to Ihavethat2's response:
I just turned 40 and don't look it either. So many a times people just look and shake there heads like I am playing around if I use one of the ride abouts in the grocery stores or target. It's so frustrating I want to scream what are you looking at and if you could switch places with me for 10 mins u will understand instead of judge me. We are all so judged and it's so unfair. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I have had many friends turn away and it's now when we need them the most. But then we also learn who our true friends are. I have asked God the same question to and also know he won't give me more than I can handle. I also have other issues and sickness's as well. Wishing you pain free days and nights. Will add you to my prayers and send angel wing hugs to you.

An_247438 responded:
Hi Penny, thank you for your post. I can really relate to it - every word of it. hope you are doing well. gabuschka

An_247438 replied to An_244106's response:
Hi, I'm kind of new to this sharing experiences of dealing with sickness but when I came across your post it moved me. If hope if we can figure out WHY is this happening to us then it would be so much easier to deal with the HOW to live with disease. Is this about our faith, hope and trust being tested? I hope you are doing well and wish you a good night's sleep. gabuschka

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.