Skip to content
The Magic Bullet
juliepirro posted:
I have been using an ointment called Voltaren Gel 1% for well over a year now and the instant relief I get from it is unbelieveable. It used to require a prescription but now I think it OTC. All I do is apply it to the area that's the most painful. In my case it's my hips. As soon as I apply it, the pain is gone. Using it once a day has completely stopped my pain. Ask your rheumatologist about it.
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm glad you found that this helps you so much. I know that others here have found it helpful as well.

Even though it is OTC for you now, do be sure to keep your doctor informed that you continue to use it and how much. Though a topical medication, it does go into your system and should be taken into account when considering your medications and condition.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.