Skip to content
Try Savella
Aly47 posted:
I have been taking Savella with good to moderate succes. I also take a prescription antiinflamatory that seems to take the edge off the pain. It took about 2 month to get used to the side effects of the Savella. The hot flashes were horrible, but seemed to have subsided. I only get them if I have a major flare up. I also use ice packs and heating pad altenatly when I get home from work and this does seem to help a bit.
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful
MNJeepguy responded:
Savella made a big difference for me. That is, until the free samples ran out and I found out my insurance laughed at paying for it.
Booch007 responded:
I am on Savella too and it is my new best friend! BUT I can only take 12.5mg due to the side effects of heart rate and unable to sleep. I do increase to 25mg for days I know are tough to get through. But I need Valium at night to get to sleep.

I agree for those it works for, thank God they invented it.......

I agree HELPFUL. Nancy B

Please be aware though that it is increasing norepinephrine 3 times the seratonin level so it is pushing your B/P and blood sugars if you have these issues. Hugs, Nan

Helpful Tips

Weight Loss and pain
I am a 43 yr old female with fibromyalgia and numerous other dx's attached to my medical records...overweight, depressed, immune ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 75 found this helpful