Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Right combination
maryjen posted:
After experimenting with available drugs, I have settled on a regimen that seems to work best for me. I take Soma 350 mg, Gabapentin 600 mg, Adderall 30 mg, Guaifenesin 1600 mg, COQ10 200 mg, Magnesium 800 mg, Oscal 600 mg, Fish oil 3000 mg, Vitamin D 2000 iu, Multivitamin, Advil PM(2). I'm always ready to try new drugs, but have found that most of the prescription drugs have unpleasant, or unsafe side effects.
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

maryjen responded:
Forgot to add mj joint at 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm. I know this will probably be frowned upon, but I decided to eliminate nothing in my quest for a normal life. I finally feel like myself again.

lameratorres replied to maryjen's response:
Hi MaryJen and thanks for sharing your regimen with us. I only take Prozac 20mg in tham, started recently, pain is depressing. 2000IU's Vit D. And then 5mg Amitrypltaline at bed time. This is not working well for me!! I am still having a fair amount of daily pain. I guess I don't know if the pain will ever go away and right now there is nothing I have found to help. My main concerns are my hand and wrist pain that doesn't allow me to wash dishes, hold my 10month old son very long, do more than one load of laundry a day! Also tension and pain in my neck and shoulders. Got a referral today to go see a physical therapist. I pray this will help me a lot! We are trying uping my meds. Like the prozac. The dr explained that pain causes depression and depression can cause pain. Viscious cycle! SO once I am not on the verge of tears all the time and we know the prozac has kicked in we will see what else we can explore! I hate the hurry up and wait game!

I am glad you feel like yourself again! I can't wait to get there.

Oh and a question for you. The adderral, did you need this before the fibro or since the fibro. I wonder becuase I have had some concerns before now that I have ADD and was prescribed this then. But I wonder if all along it's been the fibro making me have the ADD. Especially lately, after a month long flare, I can't seem to concentrate as well and am very forgetful.

maryjen replied to lameratorres's response:
Adderall was prescribed because I was sleeping about 16 hours a day. It has made a tremendous difference. It has taken 10 years of constant research and trial and error with meds and their side effects to come to my regimen. The Adderall cleared my "fog" and I was amazed that I could again work my word and number puzzles that had become impossible to do. We are all on the same quest for relief, and perhaps each has to find his own customized formula. I realize mine is not a cure, but symptoms do not have to be so debillitating if you have the courage to try everything available. If you hear about a grannie in Texas busted for pot, it could be me! I would view it as a great opportunity to compare the relative effectiveness and dangers with such toxic prescriptions that are prescribed every day. If it comes to a marijuana show-down, at least I can march in the protest parade! I couldn't have done that before. I don't argue with results. It's just not logical! 4" Memory foam mattress topper is also GREAT! By the way, I never drive after smoking, just as I would never drive back in the day when I drank socially. Just common sense, folks. If we can get to that point without injecting the idea that prejudiced opinions about some treatments are valid even if there is nothing factual to support them. After dealing with Fibro for 10 years I decided to try everything.

Jsusfeak responded:
Why the adderall? That sounds like a strange medication to be taking for FM.

Jsusfeak replied to maryjen's response:
I wish that there wasn't so much junk over the marijuana. That seems to be the only thing to help with my pain levels some times

Anon_408 replied to Jsusfeak's response:
Jsusfeak/Kyra, If I read correctly on your post above, you are a nanny? I'm not sure if I would particularly want my Nanny smoking MJ and handling my household and children.

Maybe it's legal in your state and anyone can smoke it. Some states allow it with a medical MJ card!

lameratorres replied to maryjen's response:
I will have to talk to my dr about maybe going back on the adderall. I am afraid to try pot. Of course it's not legal in my state and I am afraid that it realyl would help enough to make me keep wanting to "self medicate". My neighbor smokes on a regular basis, is a stay at home mom, and sometimes I go there and it smells so strong. She does it in the house with her children there, not that I would. But she also smoked the whole time she was pregnant. She does it because she use to be addicted to heavier drugs and this gives her the strength to not go back to those drugs. So she explains it to me. Starting mid next week I will be staying home with my 10 month old son all day and my 4yr old half days. I would hate for something to happen if I were to ever do that. But my neighbor is honestly one of the best moms that I know! Put the smiking aside and she really is very active with her kids. They eat proper meals, spendplenty of time playing outside, when having indoor play she sits on the floor to play with them. She is really a great mom. That sometimes tells me I should just try it. I am in too much pain most days to play with my kids "actively" and it makes me feel like a terrible mother. But does pot give you more of a "fog" compareable to the fibro fog??

Schrode replied to lameratorres's response:
For the pain I take Lyrica 225mg 2x a day, Magnesium 250mg, Cymbalta 120mg (also for depression), Valium 5mg at bedtime. I take Nortriptyline 20mg to prevent migraines. I also take a multivitamin every day.

To stay awake I take Ritalin at noon and 3pm. I feel like the Ritalin has given me half my life back. Before I started it I was in bed between noon and 2pm every day. Now I can eat dinner with my family and stay awake until 8 or 9pm.

This combination works for me for now.

Soft hugs,
Deb

Pandorica replied to lameratorres's response:
The right amount of mj does help,it also help me relax and calm myself. To much does make a somewhat foggy brain. You don't ave to smoke it. You can get cookies or other food items with it in it. Always start with a tiny bit. I love it because its the only thing that can distract me from my pain.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.