Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stop the pain
juliepirro posted:
I've been using a salve called Voltaren Gel 1% for over a year now and it completely stops my FB pain. I recommended it to a friend who also
has FB and she got the same results.
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I use it as well and it helps a bit but doesn't come close to eliminating my FM pain. I'm glad it's so helpful to you and others though.

This is a topical NSAID and so it's important to be careful about not overusing it.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

meggiefly responded:
Where do you get this, from the doctor?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to meggiefly's response:
Hi Meggiefly,

I believe it's still a prescription in the States. In Canada it can be found over the counter without a prescription.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

glad2bhere65 responded:
I've found that Icy Hot patches on my arm works pretty well. It doesn't take away the pain entirely, but it seems to take the edge off so I can sleep. I'm on other meds for pain as well, so the patches are in addition to those.

Linda

kswagert responded:
I've also Had the Voltern Gel and even posted about it in the past. It is a great rub, helps the pain in minutes and don't hurt the tummy. Lidaderm patches are great too, their presciption, kind of like the over the counter pain patches but they actually numb the area. For places you can't rub or if your like me you hurt to bad to rub, the patch will help.
Kay

GearyKelly responded:
I live in AZ. Where do you find this gel?
Thanks, Kelly

GearyKelly responded:
Where do you get this gel? Is it by script, or OTC? Thanks

xperky replied to GearyKelly's response:
As Caprice noted, Voltaren Gel is prescription in the states, otc in Canada.

I use it on my arthritic toes with great success. Not sure I could rub it all over the FM areas though, as you can't use that much...LOL.
With Compassion,
Margaret

jillylin replied to xperky's response:
It is OTC in the UK too. But Naproxin is prescription here but not in the USA.

Jilly in UK

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.