Skip to content
Trigger Finger and Fibro Pain Cured with Nuvigil!
cmlee76 posted:
I used to suffer from stiff, swollen fingers and "trigger fingers" (http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00024 ) which would be relieved upon waking after a few hours. This stopped (as well as my fatigue lessening) once I started taking the sleep disorder medication Nuvigil.

I have very mild sleep apnea and my insurance would only pay for it if I was diagnose...that goodness I have a supportive doctor! I recently changed insurances and had to stop taking Nuvigil while my new insurance company waited a week for my new doctor to send in the approval...I finally walked into her office with the insurance company on my cellphone and handed it to the receptionist to get it done!

I noticed that, after about a week of not being on Nuvigil, my debilitating exhaustion was coming back as well as my trigger fingers and swelling.

I had my fingers checked 2 years ago for arthritis, but because there was no swelling of the joint, the rheumatologist didn't know what it was. Through my web research, I found out. Still don't know how trigger finger is caused due to fibromyalgia, but if you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea, narcolepsy, or work-shift sleep disorder, then your insurance will cover Nuvigil.

It also made all my fibromyalgia pain go away!!!!!! I can't say enough about the miracle medication
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

thenikki64 responded:
My pain doc has prescribed Nuvigil for me as well. I have not wanted to take it...afraid of addiction, feeling too amped, etc. I find that if I keep my pain under control my fatigue is less, but I would really rather NOT take the pain meds--talk about addiction! They really do help, though.

I will get my Nuvigil prescription today, and give it a try tomorrow and will let you know. On bad days I often wonder if I would be able to keep working, and I want and need to keep working:) Glad you are feeling well!
Pam in Savannah

schrode responded:
I take Nuvigil, too. I have severe sleep apnea and I use a cpap machine. It helps me somewhat with the exhaustion but I did not notice any change in my pain level with it. I am glad it is helping you!

Soft hugs,
Deb

happyseniorchic responded:
This is one of the only web sites where I found that Nuvigil is helping people with pain relief. I too have been able to cope with Psoriatic Arthritis. Went off the drug for two nights and I could hardly stand the pain last night. I could not sleep at all. I finally took a pain medication and that didn't help either. I am back on Nuvigil for pain in my joints, feet, hands, shoulders. Wonderful drug and no side effects. Need some help with $86.00 dollar monthly co-pay. I will find some help through the manufacturer. Thank you Nuvigil. I take 150mg a day for help with sleep apnoea and pain.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.