Skip to content
Keeping Warm this Winter
sadpat66 posted:
I have tried to stay warm for the passed 8 years and yes it seem that every year I seem to be colder then the last winter. I live on the Oregon coast and today it has been really cold and wet. We bought a new Maf. house 7 years ago and it helped, but still never felt warm the first winter ( our old home had wood heat). After the first snow that winter and having been so cold, I told my husband I wanted a wood stove put in the house, because with the elec. heat I couldn't get warm. I'll put up with the mess it makes, just as long as I can stand by it and get warm.
I also wear fleece loungers and made myself a heavy fleece robe. I also sleep with a ele. blanket. I also have a elec. lap robe I use watching TV.
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

dollbug responded:
Hello sadpat and welcome.....MiMi in NC.....I just wanted to share something with you.....in the wintertime I also have a hard time staying warm.....but then I found cuddl duds to wear....and they have made such a BIG difference for me.....they are thin but keep me warm...so I used them as pj's to stay warm.....you can find them at Sams or other department stores....but you should at least give them a try.....I think you might like them....and hopefully they will also keep you warm....

I use to have wood heat....when my children were little....until we found out that it was making my daughter really sick....so we had to get rid of it....but I now have electric heat.....and it has improved....we got a Trane....and I will not ever have anything else but this....

I hope you will find something that will help you stay warm...

Take care and good luck....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.