Skip to content
Helps me sleep or rest!
Anon_43491 posted:
Since I see people saying the names of stores I'm going to also.

By accident I found a motor powered air inflated pad for your bed, on Amazon.

This has been a God send for my fibro and 6 herniated disc. I average 4-6 hours from 0- 2-3 hrs a night. I'm catching up on years of sleep loss and with that I'm not so brain foggy or forgetful. I slept 9 hrs last week-end and felt so alive when I first woke up. I'd forgotten that feeling.

You can adjust the firmness and I put my motor up within reach instead at the foot of the bed in case I needed to adjust during the night.

The motor is very quite to me but I do have some hearing loss. Nothing that would make me turn it off.

I use the slide thru tie downs to keep it from shifting with a matress pad folded in half before I do the tie down. The plastic just under a sheet can make you sweat. Still was not worth sending back so I looked for a solution. A high quality mattress cover worked for me. AND IM SLEEPING!

Having a terrible flare up and my Dr put me on 5 mins of stretching only. I'm resting and sleeping. I hope this flare up is over soon. It's the worse I've had and don't know how to cope.

Good luck. Hope I help even 1 person!
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

crazydoxymama responded:
I found a 3" thick mattress cover of memory foam at Montgomery Ward that has been a big help for me. (about $100.) Less pain and fatigue in the morning equals a better day all around. I' ve had this for over 3 years and it shows no signs of breaking down or losing the positive effect on the way I feel.

glad2bhere65 responded:
We have been where you are. I'm praying for you that the flare will be over soon!

Linda

Anon_43491 replied to glad2bhere65's response:
Thank you for your kind thoughts. I don't know how to cope. I'm allowed 5mins a day of activity per Dr. That's to be spent stretching and maybe a shower. I can't wash my hair etc in a 5 min shower.057 I'm feeling lost. If I just knew when it was going to END!

I wake up so stiff I can't open my hands or move. It takes help, massage a lot of heat. It's not just in the muscles it's in my joints also. Such stupid pain. How do I keep a smile on my face when I'm crying. Start your day in pain.

End your day in pain. I've had fibro more then 14 yrs. It does not get better. What is wrong with this body? Fibro CFID DDD headaches of several sever types. Asthma COPD. I COULD JUST GO ON. I WANT IT TO STOP OR DRS TO CARE stop drugging us up with Meds that the side effects equal the problem IN DISCOMFORT. I'm so down.

How long does a bad flare up last. It's been 2 months of these symptoms.

Is it wrong to want part of your old self back? Help or a prayer PLEASE

TexasGeorgieGirl replied to Anon_43491's response:
OMG, I don't see a response here with 3 months gone by. Please tell me you are better. I am new to this but can see that you are reaching out for help. Please reach out to someone in your area; a friend or family member or support group. I hope I never feel that bad and for so long. No wonder you feel hopeless. Someone does care, so please update us on how you are doing.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to TexasGeorgieGirl's response:
Hi TexasGeorgieGirl,

Thank you for your caring. No worries; this member continues to post and is getting support from many on the board on various discussions.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

1dazygal replied to TexasGeorgieGirl's response:
Hello Texas I got many replies on two post. I'm feeling much better just a tad of the flare left.

The higher being keeps testing my mental strength and humor. DX with a broken bone in rt knee and a blood clot at elbow just last week,now in a brace from thigh to just above ankle. Sometimes I do ask what's wrong with this body. All my battles are posted under my user name. I think we should all do this. Plain simple facts. My stories to long

I'm nervous in the house. My husband travels A LOT. I'll be alone 4 days. Can't sleep and hard to cook. I'll make it, no other choice.

It was most generous of you to question if I've gotten any replies. My fibro group gave great boosting support just like your intentions. Thank you kindly
SHARE A SMILE WE COULD ALL USE ONE, THAT
INCLUDES OUR LOVED ONES

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.