Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
USE OF HEAT FOR FIBRO
CozyTime posted:
I was searching the fibro site here and it talked about applying heat to painful areas. I've just always grabbed my heating pads and layered them over me.

Webmd's fibro page suggest moist heat. I feel silly for missing this. I always have less pain after a hot shower or bath.

I went to the store and found moist heating pads that have a liner you wet and wring out. I could feel the difference and the relief felt deeper. Such a simple thing that I myself have missed because I didn't think the two could safely be applied together.

Hope your already using or will try. Good day
Was this Helpful?
10 of 10 found this helpful

Teelady1 responded:
I'd like to also add that I found a great heating pad for neck and shoulders. (Sunbeam brand) It wraps around you and there are magnets in the front to hold it together while you're wearing it. Unfortunately, it's not one that you have a liner for moist heat - I also have one of those heating pads too.

booch007 responded:
Moist heat is a standard in Chiropractic, they use Hydoculator pads......hanging in hot water. It is a deeper therapy.....and so good for you.

Glad you saw that. Dry heat is hepful too, just not as deep. As you noticed the shower being so great...I also use the soap to massage the muscles (on it's side) up and down the muscle and they when slippery you can work a muscle so well......

Good thread thanks for sharing it with the fmily.

It is amazing how hard it was over the years to say no to cold for me*....they always wanted cold on my spots and OUCH is all I can say. Tightened the muscle and no relaxation....wrong for me.

Happy you are happy....Nancy B

angelswife responded:
This may sound odd, but when I get that all-over cold, I will take a hot shower and let the water hit my chest where my heart is. I will do this for several minutes. It seems to warm my blood, and I can feel the warmth flowing from one side of my body into the other. It isn't a permanent fix, but it helps a lot.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.