Skip to content
FM & Wheat
jd494life posted:
If you're having more fibro pain with certain food, maybe it's because you're eating food containing wheat. Even if you're not gluten intolerant (i.e., celiac disease) wheat can have awful effects on our bodies. Read "Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight" by William Davis, MD. He's found through research and his practice that wheat is very harmful to our health and can cause problems throughout the body, including brain damage! The whole "healthy grains" concept encouraged by nutritionists and the government is not based on research, but on special interest groups (lobbyists) who wanted to increase grain consumption/profit (especially see "Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It" by Gary Taubes, a well respected science journalist who has done thorough research on the topic). I've found low-carb to be the best diet (really low starch/no wheat) for how I feel and for reducing not only FM pain but brain-fog and sleep problems as well. As someone mentioned, nothing seems to stop all the problems, but any reduction is appreciated! Definitely go with a healthy diet of protein, fresh fruits and veggies, good fats, and no processed foods (look at all the crap in the ingredients lists!). Stay healthy and take care of yourself. JD
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Anon_10089 responded:
I have found this to be true also. I recently cut out all grains and sugar from my diet. I only eat fruit one day per week, but I do eat a lot of vegetables. Not only have I been able to lose some weight, but I think it has helped with the fog. And I was having some pretty bad issues with my blood sugars and that has drastically improved.

fitzgift responded:
I stopped whole wheat ,whole corn ,nuts and seeds This
has helped me with my intestinal problems and Fibro will affect all our inner organs especially the intestines as I was told when I first got this lovely disease.

booch007 responded:
I am gluten intolerant and lactose with eggs and now nuts...(meaning eating nuts, not that I am nuts!) Not written well.*

In being gluten free which is more then wheat free, I abstain from rye, barley, oats but I do eat corn and rice. I saw a change in my overall brain function so fast. My pain didn't alter too much, but I blamed that on years of essential mineral loss from diarrhea. Living dehydrated too.

I now have 3/4 soy protien source to my day and then chicken fish as my animal protien and i am doing better. It is not a fix, as this is too complex to FIX. No cure as they say. But eating to the best of our ablitiy is so imporatant. No processed chemicals for our poor bodies is helpful too. No diet anything....as aspartame is a neurotoxin and adds to our dilemma.

So I agree..........for me it was a good move. Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.