Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
No insurance
CrystalsCats posted:
I have mentioned I have no insurance since I was laid off due to downsizing at my company. I could not afford the Cobra benefits or private insurance. Private will not cover my pre-existing problems. During my research though I found a site that is government funded pre-existing insurance. The only requirements are;
You have had no previous insurance for 6 months and have a pre-existing health problem.

http://www.healthcare.gov/index.html

You just look up your state and it will tell you how much the premium will be, as same for all in that state. I am waiting until our move to WV is complete to sign up. Of course as always NJ is more and the state runs it rather than federal in NJ.

I hope this can help someone!

Crystal
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks for posting this tip, Crystal!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.