Flare
ggladieux posted:
Some people mentioned the cold as being a trigger for FM, but for me its the heat and the humidity. I live in Florida, so we get a lot. I feel better when its in the seventies and the humidity is low. My energy rebounds, especially if drops to the lower forties at night. If I wake up in relatively low pain, then I know it will be a good day, but lately here its been a very rare treat.
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
As much as the cold can trigger my pain, I don't envy you that heat and humidity. It can be so wearing on a person and I can understand why it would impact your pain.

Thanks for chiming in, Ggladieux.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Olliesluv responded:
Hi there! I too live in Florida and feel terrible when it's hot and humid outside!!! The summers are the worst time for me, right now is when I have an awful flare-up, go running to my doctor and I have to take extra meds to barely function. The winters are the best, like you said when the humidity is low and I LOVE the cold. It just doesn't happen enough here. Where in Florida are you? I'm in Southwestern on the coast. Thanks and hope you are having a good day!

xperky responded:
I wish I could live where it is as you described - 70's, dry and sunny during the days, and 40's at night so I can use my heated mattress pad. Perfect for FMers! Is there such a heavenly place?
With Compassion,
Margaret

lb707 replied to xperky's response:
In fibro dream land

laurab

redschu responded:
read, somewhere on the net of course, that if you have fibro flares because of the cold weather it is common to have flares beause of the humidity -i've always loved the warmth/heat of the summer until the last two (climate seems to have changed alot the last two yrs) so did some investigating on why i've been so miserable when i should of been more comfortable
God bless your day - Carol

Anon_59686 replied to redschu's response:
It could be the change in Barometric Pressure not just the Relative Humidity that can cause a flare. I know changes in the pressure are my problem with not having much in the way of humidity where I live.

ggladieux replied to Olliesluv's response:
I live in the panhandle, I also wish it could be in the 70's and 40's at night all the time, but I don't know of any such place. I've lived in the south most of my life. I wish I could change up and move to say Montana.

debrabrooks1960 responded:
I live in north Florida not to far from Panama City. We have wonderful winters, but very hot summers with high humidity. I have a hard time when it is so hot too. I find breathing is harder too. Luckily the place I work keeps the air conditioning running all the time. It gets so cold I have to wear a thick sweater all summer long! I freeze my DH at night because I love it so cold. He sleeps under two blankets and I sleep with a thin one! Good luck with the summer, I have a felling it is going to be a hot one.
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

BarometerChangeIsPain replied to Anon_59686's response:
Barometric pressure changes cause terrible pain for me - headaches and fibro pain. Have you found any way to escape this effect?