Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hi Everyone..
Burgie74 posted:
I was diagnosed with fibromyaglia about two years ago. I do full time and the shift is graveyard. I have been on all the different meds the dr. were giving me and had enough. I just felt toxic. I was tired of all the side effects. I have been trying something new and it has been working for me. Thought i would share. I have been taking pure MSM twice a day with Grape seed extract as well twice a day. What a difference. I havent taken any of those meds in the last three months. I have gone on a gluten free diet,as well as get rid of any and all corn anything. I also have taken myself off the effexor which contributed to weight gain and more depression. I have taken 5Htp which helped. I swtiched to St. Johns Wart. I also go to the gym and exerceise 30 mins. Walking swimming etc. What a difference. I eat alot of chicken and vegetables. I do occasionally slip and eat some sweets but hey. I feel great and it has only been three months. Not saying it will for everyone but it has helped me alot. I feel almost normal. I also want to be a truck driver with this not sure if they will hire me because of these problems but i am hopeful.I hope this helped even one of you . Have a great day.
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

fitzgift responded:
I have Has fibro for over 30yrs and you are on the right track I take St Johns and 5htp do the exercise and all one thing also has helped me is Tai Chi for beginners it has made a big difference , give it a try but you have everything right. We are the only ones that know how we feel

trucker69 responded:
hello my wife suffers from chronic fibro she was diagnosed a year ago but we know she has had it in the last 3 years.im so much in the dark about this illness and I recently got a job working at night so im not here to help 5 to 6 days a week. what can I do?

xperky replied to trucker69's response:
Hi trucker69. It's nice of you to inquire about how you can help your wife if you are not home some. I imagine she appreciates your concern and support. I just love it when my hubby does some dishes or vacuuming. Vacuuming is tough! Maybe you can pick up some groceries or dinner on your way home sometimes. She might like that. Don't wear yourself out too much and get ill too!

You might get more responses by starting a new discussion with your own title about trying to support your wife who has FM. (You don't have to do a poll, it is optional.)
With Compassion,
Margaret

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.