Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Female issues/ Fibro
sexymamma12 posted:
Also wanted to know if anyone had any female reproductive problems from fibro such as pain with sex and abnormal bleeding.
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

booch007 responded:
Good morning,

You shouldn't have any increase in bleeding from this. Maybe there are other things going on, like fibroids or homone issues. The docs should check on that.

Pain with sex is another story. There have been many posts over the years about this involvement in our lives. Often it is something you have to work on and reinvent positions and add lubrication if the vaginal vault is uncomfortable.

But each person had relayed that they had to "work it out" with their parter. I know for me, I could not be on top anymore.....
Supporting the body with my neck muscle issues is a NO.

Reproductively is in this question too....to my knowledge there is no involvement with getting pregnant. Times today though have alot if infertility and my thoughts on that is our food sources. So much estrogen in the meats and milk......it is ruining our girls.

This is all OB/GYN stuff for sure. But if this was not a good answer, talk to Dr P. Post a comment with his name in the heading and ask him. We have pain and autoregulatory issues, but I think he will say the same. All different and need to figure the tool out for you that works. Also be seen for that bleeding....(a scraping of the uterine lining may be in order)

Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon. Nancy

SriWilliams responded:
I attend a fibromyalgia support group and all ten of us women discussed last month how horrible our periods and all of us had uterus issues from surgeries to uncomfortable sex. I think problems in that area are common. For me missionary is the only comfortable position.

FibroBabe2012 replied to SriWilliams's response:
I have the same problems as SRIWilliams and her group. Terrible menstrual pain and missionary being the only really comfortable position.

reinemimi replied to FibroBabe2012's response:
I have been taking chlorophyll liquid and it helps a lot menstrual pain and makes my period lighter. I cannot go without it.
Carole

Anon_2912 responded:
Yes.

But I don't believe it is due to Fibro...Fibro does not cause those issues. Fibro is sensitivity to pain.

You need a gyno.

annette030 replied to Anon_2912's response:
I am post menopausal now, but back when I did have my period, I did not find the FMS made any difference at all.

My periods were not terrible or unduly painful.

I would also suggest seeing a gynecologist or your family doctor.

Take care, Annette

katmandulou responded:
I had awful periods dating to the 70s - long before I had FM. I was dx'ed in 2005, and finally had a hysterectomy in '07. Kept my ovaries, because heart disease and stroke run in my family.
Lou

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.