Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
fibro flare
franr posted:
Hi Folk
i just rejoined this group. i have fms since 93 when noone knew much about it. I was recently hospitalized with cardiac arrythmias and High BP.Being controlled on meds But this last 4 days I have been in severe pain. MD put me back on celexa 10mg. I have been on Klonapin and neurotin for years but have come up with this severe flare. Unable to sleep more than 2-3 hours. Also was prescribed ambien which has has a reverse effect on me. All this anixety is bringing the BP up.Anyone have any thoughts about this. Thanks Fran
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Fran and welcome,

I hope the Celexa ends up helping both the anxiety and the pain.

Have you looked into relaxation methods to help with your BP? It can be as simple as taking slow deep breaths on a regular basis.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

KathyRoark1972 responded:
I have been an insomniac for most of my life along with anxiety problems I have found that Lunesta and Melatonin works best and Xanax for the anxiety. I also find that Psych Therapy helps being able to talk to someone about everything that bothers me and the help of dealing with my past is beneficial Now that I have just been DX with FM I am hoping that my Therapist can help with that. I also will be going back to a Psychatrist to see if I am over medicate now that a lot of my symptoms fall under the FM. Hope this helps.

BetteK replied to KathyRoark1972's response:
Kathy,

The psychiatrist is a great idea. My pain doctor sent me there when he realized that the 6 meds I was on were still not doing the trick.

The psychiatrist found out why I had gained 40 lbs. in 6 months. He helped me find out which of the other 5 meds were some help and which were just a needless expense and one more chance at drug interactions.

Let's face it, FM is a neurologic disorder. Most of the meds we take work on the brain. There is no shame in seeing a psychiatrist. Fibromyalgia is a real, physical disorder. We have to be willing to take all the help we can get. And say thank you.

Bette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.