Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BARNEY12
An_249981 posted:
have seen a dr for fibro my algia- MRI'S CAT SCANS OVER THE LAST 6 MONTHS SHE HAS BEEN MY DR FOR OVER 6 YRS, SHE HAD
ME ON OVER 7 MEDS,- DXS, SCOLISOS- PINCHED NERVES,
SI JOINTS RESTLESS LEG SYNDRROME,, DID 2 INJECTIONS
OF DEPO MEDROL UNDER FLOUROSCOPY. -
NO HELP, I CHANGED TO AN HMO. SHE HAD ME ON VICODIN,
CLONOPIN, AND A HOST OF TRYING TO GIVE ME NEUROTIN,
RECUIP, FLEXERIL, REPODIMOLE,TRAMODOL, AND FINALLY,
SAID WELL ILL JUST ADD 1/2 MG TO YOUR CLONOPIN WITH
NO HELP, CRYED ALLNIGHTS, AND FINALLY ,

I BROKE THE CODE OF ETHICS, EVEN BEING A DRS. WIDOW,

WITH 2 CHILDREN IN AS DRS, AND COME FROM A HOST OF
FAMILY OF DRS, AT CORNELL, AND COLUMBIA,

DR. WHEN YOUR IN PAIN, AND CRYING TOALL NIGHT,

YES I WAS WRONG, SO THEY DISCHARGED ME AS

A PATIENT AND I HAVE BEEN WITHDRAWING FROM THE

VICODIN, AND CRYNG WITH PAIN, AND UTILIZING 800.00MG

MOTRIN,

THE DR. HAD ME ALSO ON GABAPITIN,

THERE OFFICE ONLY SENT 60 PAGES OF MEDICAL RECORDS
WHICH I PERSONALLY HAVE , AND 5 DR, WITHOUT SEEING
ME, HAVE SAID NO I DO NOT WANT THIS PERSON IN MY

PRACTICE.

THIS DR. 1YR AGO PUT ME ON METHATDONE
AFTER 1YR 1/2 IT SAID GO HOME ITS NOT WORKING

FOR YOUR DETOX, NO TITRATTION, AND IT WAS

HELL,

PEARLS OF SWEAT HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,
DID THERE OFFICE CALL TO CK ON ME

NO.

WERE THOSE MEDICAL RECORDS SENT TO
THE NEXT DR.

NO.

PUPOSSELY, THAT DR. DID NOT WANT TO LOOK BAD
IN THE SOCIAL EYES OF THE NEXT DR.

I HAVE 2 COLLEGE DEGREES, IM NOT STUPID
ALTHOUGH, IM DISABLED BY THE SOCIAL SECURITY
I CAN WALK WITH A CANE,

YES I BROKE THE CODE OF ETHICS,

ALLTHESE YRS AS A PATIENT, THIS DR.
WOULD TELL ME

YOU ARE NOT AN ADDICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERY 3 MOMTHS DID SHE APPLY THAT IN THE CHART

WHO KNOWS,

DID SHE TELL ME ABOUT -

THIS DRS PERSONALL LIFE
YESS OH!!!! YESS CHILDRESS DYFUNCTIONAL DRUGS,
DIVORCE I COULD GO ON AND ON.

HENCE THE END, I WAS A HIGH MAINTENANCE PATIENT
NOW ON A HMO PLAN, - PREVISOULY, I HAD

MEDICAAREE, WHEN ME HUSBAND DIED I COULD
PAY MY BILL
BUT THAT MONEY DOES NOT LAST FOR EVER,

IVE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT TO RAISE DRS, AS

IN THE FUTURE TO TAKE THAT HIPOCRATIC OATH

THEY SEE WHAT I HAVE BEEN THRU,

I FEEL SUICIDAL, SOMEDAYS THE PAIN

IREAALY FEEL LIKE GOINT TO THE DEA AND SHARE

MY STORY???

THANKING YOU IN ANDVANCE
AND I REMAIN,

SPIRITUAL AND HOPEFUL

GOD BLESS
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
barney12I don't know how I missed you... Please come back and give us another chance to be here for you... It must have been around the weekend that you posted and we are slow then.. I myself was ill... I was here to read a little and don't remember seeing your post... I would have tried to comment...

When I first got here I was a mess... I have multiple illnesses and didn't need nor appreciate another one... especially one that gives me no hope of a cure... like so many others... I was not helped with the pain... Given neurontin which didn't touch it... I was in tears when I reached out and explained my desire to not be in this pain any longer... I was so suicidal... I didn't think anyone could talk me out of it...

This wonderful group reached out to me... One by one they shared their hearts and I suddenly wasn't lost and alone in my world of 24/7 pain... They shared the strengths that only a group can find together.. They helped me find the toolbox to the right of this box under "Helpful Tips"... Please read there it is a great place to start to find hope and tools to fight this "dragon" we call "FM"...

I am still in pain 24/7... depending on the day and now the emphasis of the other diseases anywhere from a 4-5 to a 8-10
I try to tay as positive a possible... I try to come here daily if only to read and not to be alone... I am grateful to find people like you I can help for sharing and helping makes me stronger and more accepting of my illnesses and pain... And I do so appreciate that... I am human I am not perfect... I do get down and depressed and even angry sometimes... I get tired of the pain... But I am very spiritual... And I try to fill my soul and spirit with strength and hope everyday...

For me it takes daily and sometimes... USUALLY... moment to moment acceptance of my illness and life as I have it... I motly have to pace myself... even if that means I have to stay in bed... And allow others to care for me... I am lucky enough to live with my 2 sons who do so... They live with pain and FM themselves... One diagnosed... one an ifey says his Dr... Just because he isn't a true believer...

Sometimes with assistance I can cook a small meal... do a load of laundry... sit long enough in my wheelchair to stay out of bed a few hours... with lots of breaks... and spend actual quality time with my grandchildren and sons...

Lately that doesn't happen often... Not even one at a time... but I still find hope for I haven't fell in over a week... And I only had one day where I had a bad day walking where I was at risk during that time... And tho my pain i bad... My FM flare seems to be backing off a bit today... Praise God....

Please look closely to your life and search to find your hope even if it is just this message... I do hope this helps... And I hope others will see it and message too...

Take care and come back soon... vent... ask questions... read... don't be alone... be with us for we understand...

Love you new friend... Jan/Dakota

franr replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Dear Jan
I just read your ost to Dakota Spirit and I felt hopefull. I too am depressed about fibro,my husband feels I am too negative. I guess because I too have mutiple problems going on and know has adressed them.Even 3 hospitalizations .It is very scarey for us. The pain is severe at times for al of us and we are scared and frightened. But as you said we do have to look closely at our lives and search for hope.Sometimes I feel God has failed us by not easing this symptoms but I know he has not. Thank you for your wonderful posts and I am so thankful I remembered this site and all these wonderful friends . Fran

76tigers responded:
I share in your frustration. I too have been through many doctors, medications, withdrawals from the many meds, side effects of drugs, suicidal hospitalizations, and medical personal who drop you in the middle of crisis with no help or direction. I currently am on medicaid and am desperately searching for a doctor in my insurance who can help me who is not an idiot. Good luck to you and please try to find the positive in your life each day, even if it is something really small (like getting out of bed for 15 mins. @ a time).
Live life one day at a time and remember, tomorrow is always a new day to start life fresh.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.