Skip to content
Lidocaine patches--before pain
BetteK posted:
I've found that if I apply my lidocaine patches before I do something that I really have to do, but know from experience is a flare causer, I can somethimes prevent a flare. I especially like to use them before a long car trip. They're also good if you get sick and know from experience that your cold (or whatever) will trigger a flare. My script is for 3 patches, and I cut two lengthwise to cover my spine and cut the third to fit any current hot spots. I truly believe this can prevent flares. Hope it works for you! I think this works by short-curcuiting the first twinges of pain before they magnify.
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
I use to have the patches and have thought about seeing about maybe using them again... This is good info Thanks... I am glad that doing this prevents your flares... I hope others can find the same relief...

Thanks...

take care... Love Jan/Dakota

KathyRoark1972 responded:
I forgot about those. I am going to put one on right now maybe it will loosen up my shoulder. I will also remember to cut them and put them on my hot spots when I do house chores maybe that will help me actually to complete them. I keep it to one room a day that way I don't over do it and take breaks when I start to feel a lot of pain. Thank you maybe I might not have to take a whole day to clean just one room.

Kathy

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.