Skip to content
Fibromyalgia
ejstl posted:
Hi, Visited this site over the last couple of years but have never posted. Just wanted to share what has helped me (took time to figure it out). My diagnosis are: Chronic migraines, Fibromyalgia, IBS and Narcolepsy.

A hot bath every morning (wish it was a whirlpool) but still works, a heated mattress pad (to help with the bursitis in the hips since I sleep on my side) just feels good to the ole body, I keep a heating pad in the living room for my mid back when it flares up, and also a heated throw to put on the leather furniture (it's cold).

Skin sensivitivy is also an issue, so the bra comes off as soon as I get home, the tops of my feet bother me so I wear my work shoes so loosely tied they almost flop on my feet Can't wear anything constrictive. The hair has to be kept low on my head as it can drive my scalp nuts with the weight of my hair (mid back length).

The Vitamin D is truly a miracle. Short story-had mine checked it was 25, which is normal according to the lab standards. The bone physicians I work with keep their patients in the mid 40's. I was put on the vit D 50,000 for 8 weeks with addl 1000mg daily, rechecked when that was done and I was up to 47. Maintained the 1000mg vit D daily and rechecked in 3 months and still at 45. Had all this done during the summer, so didn't realize until halfway through winter that the light bulb came on that my pain was dramatically reduced that winter.

I got off the Ambien, I was doing weird things at night. Started melatonin 6mg about an hour and half before bed-and that has helped with my sleep throughout the night. Able to go back to sleep when woken up for a bathroom break.

I'll update more later.

Have a good day!
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

dollbug responded:
Hello ejsti and welcome....MiMi in NC....I am glad that you have decided to post and share what you have found that has helped you cope better. As you might know I am one of the FMers here who believes in Vitamin D and just how important it is to people. It was funny as I was the one who happened to mention it years ago and continued to talk about it. I am sure there were a lot of people who thought I had lost my mind, talking so much about Vitamin D and just how it had helped me. I continued though and actually still remind new members that getting the Vitamin D level is really important.

I do want to share with you that when my Vitamin D was 42 my doctor said mine was still on the *low side* of the normal range. I am not even sure though that doctors agree on what the *average range should be*. I know that I continue to see new articles on the internet about something else that they have discovered about Vitamin D that they were not aware of. I also consider it to be a *miracle pill* as well....as I know just how much it helped my pain.

I have also had bursitis in both hips and had to get injections which helped my pain. I also have bad knees and had to get the synvisc injections several times in both knees. I now take a joint supplement and Omegas, as well and I have not had many problems recently with either. I think both of these have helped the hips and the knees.

I am glad that you posted and shared your findings with all of us. It is good when people post what they have found to work for them. Perhaps someone else will see yours which might also help them decide to do the same thing as well.

I know years ago when I mention on this site the Vitamin D issue and just how important it is.....I think a lot of them thought that I was crazy talking so much about Vitamin D....but I still include it in most of my post years later. This is how important I think that it is. I do know that finally some of the members decided to talk to their doctor about it and were actually surprised when they got their numbers back as well. I have read that 85% of people who gets the Vitamin D level checked, it is low and some are extremely low.

I do hope that you will continue to post and let us hear more about you.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.