Skip to content
ICE, ICE, ICE!!
the_whaz posted:
I am almost 46 and have had fibro for many years now and it wasnt until today, 15 years since diagnosis, that my new pain management doctor suggested ice. He went and got me an ice pack and I experienced immediate partial relief. My pain level went from.a crying 8-9 to a tolerable 5 that quick!! I pray it gives you all some relief. All these years I have used heat but as of today ice it is!
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome....MiMi in NC....I have tried ice before also but did not find that it helped me at all. I had my first knee surgery back in the 80's when I got hurt at the Atlanta Airport. I dislocated my knee cap and so far have had 4 knee surgeries on the knee. Back then they encouraged me to use the ice for swelling but I found that ice does not help me at all. I have also heard that using both heat and ice is good as well.

I do know though that what works for one person may or may not work for another.....we are all different so we have to try different tools and figure out what works best for us.
It is a good feeling when you have tried something and found just how good it works.

Have you tried Stopain Spray also? This is good stuff and sure does work well for me. I use it after I take a hot shower.

Have you also gotten your Vitamin D level checked?
Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us FMers...and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Take care and good luck with the ice.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

cactusflower1963 responded:
Ice never worked for me. I've always been intolerant to the cold. It actually makes me hurt. Last year my doctor diagnosed me with Raynauds. That explains the intolerance to cold! It's great that you found something natural that brings your pain level down!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.