Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF Link *****Tip for today *****8/16/2013
dollbug posted:
http://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/brad-robynn-mann-sleeping-with-ms/vitamin-d-the-wonder-drug-in-the-battle-against-ms-narcolepsy-and-more/?xid=aol_eh-ms_1_20130812_&aolcat=AJA&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl16%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D358988
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

missist responded:
Good Morning Everyone! Mimi & etc..
Hubby is home this weekend early and working on a project--

This one is exciting---

We bought a 'project' Hot Tub!!! we picked up a hot tub that will need a new enclosure and a small part, it was $200 and Hubby is going to build a surround for it with a nice ledge to cover a bit of cosmetic damage on the rim of it.

Its large enough for me to get in and exercise my hips reasonably well and to just sit back in the hit water and relax.

I've been wanting this forever. So I am very excited.

He won't be able to get it all done this weekend but I should be able to use it at least.

I'm doing good in my shop too. Http://pokeberrypatch.etsy.com

Had just enough sales recently to give me steady work for August. Now I need to sell for September too.

Had our kids/grandkids over last night. My daughter is also excited about the tub and she helped by cleaning it well since it is 2nd hand and it would be hard for me to do. I watched the kiddos. (which is my fav job) Her hubby and mine carried the tub from our truck & set it in place in our screen porch overlooking the lake. So perfect!

I know most of what we do, we do with 2nd hand & DIY stuff--but that is our thing. We would rather have a little extra work than a loan to pay off. We have a truck payment and a house payment and that is all.

Anyhow-- that is my life currently. Trying to adapt to the Zone diet--which is not my cup of tea really--but I think I will figure it out as time goes on.

God bless all--
Praying for Jan, and her son & family, hope there will be good news.
Mary

bette_kaffitz replied to missist's response:
Mary, I don't "covet" most "things," but I do covet my brother's spa. (I don't know the difference between a hot tub and a spa, but either one would be great.)

DB & SIL put theirs in 15-20 years ago, and it's still going strong. Even though it's on their deck and their NJ winters get pretty cold, they use it every day. It's set for 85 degrees, and--incredibly--they never noticed any difference in their electric bills!

Get that thing going, girl! And enjoy it for at least that long.

Bette

TurtleRunnerNC replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Mary.

We just got a hot tub last week. Hubby purchased a refurbished 2004 6 seated. It has 2 loungers so I can stretch out. What a world of difference. I have no pain when i am in there and feel better for a while after.

Getting in for 20 min or so before going to bed has been such a blessing. Sometimes I get in on rough mornings too and always after I run.

Best thing we ever bought. I hope it helps you as much as it helps me.

Turtle

missist replied to TurtleRunnerNC's response:
I am looking forward to using it! He's got it working now-- heat /and pump etc. So it is still warming up.
Its big and deep so I can do some exercises in there that are really hard on land. And I can relax.

We are raining like crazy again today! and it is cool out. ? cool?

This is SC in August--it should not be cool.

But that's fine-- I think tomorrow I will be able to soak.
He still needs to build a surround for it--but we are going to wrap some insulation around until his next trip home. So hopefully I can use it beginning tomorrow. So excited!!

fibroinsd responded:
interesting article..particularly noticing the level amount..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.