Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

the fibro itch
    Anon_151629 posted:
    so glad someone brought this up connecting it with fibro....guess I
    should have myself,,,however, ice the itch area....works better
    than adding one more med to the pile we already take.
    23 years diagnosed with fm, and was reluctant to put ice anywhere
    close to my skin...go slowly and give it a try.
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

debrabrooks1960 responded:
    Dear Anon-151629,

I have noticed that if I lay on my cool sheets on the bed that my itching gets better. If I get hot and sweaty, that my itching will get worse and start to burn. So I think your suggestion could be worth trying. I am going to try the ice next time I itch. Thanks for suggesting it.

Debbie Lewis
    Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

missist replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
    I get widespread all over itching, have also had unexplained hives and get hives on my face from cold exposure.

If I take cetrizine (zyrtec) at night, I have no side effects from it but it zaps the itch. I discovered this accidentally as I was taking it anyhow for allergies. Unfortunately though this seems to be something I have to keep taking as all the itch and rash returns along with a vertigo type thing I get--'car sickness' from my ears filling with fluid due to the allergies I have. If I don't take my cetrizine within a few week or a month I will begin to have those issues again.
    mary
    Cetrizine is generic now--and you can get it OTC w/o an RX, I've been taking it since it was RX only, it is a bit spendy for OTC but the generic is cheaper pretty much always, even if you have coupon/sale for the zyrtec brand.

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
    I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    233 of 263 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.