Skip to content
Intermittent burning foot pain
ponygirlmom posted:
Due to a shoulder injury that has forced me to stop my main form of exercise (horseback riding) I have increased the amount of walking I do. I have been walking at a fast pace for 30 - 45 minutes per day. Some of this walking replaces walking I would do around the stables, but at the stables I don't walk as quickly, and I'm walking on dirt rather than asphalt. This evening, several hours after I went walking, I have been getting intermittent sharp, burning pain in my right bottom foot, toward the inside, in the arch area close to my heel. This happens whether I am standing or sitting. It feels like someone has touched a nerve. I have been wearing my fitness shoes (Avia) most of the day, and I am wearing them now. What is causing this? Is this an overuse injury? Is this something I should ice?

R_Weil responded:
Check here for medical questions: boards.webmd.com/webx?14@@.5987f42b

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Music For Running
My research shows if you workout to the music you like, you will workout to the maximum time you have (will not cut the workout short). The ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.